Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: Indoor range opens in Easton

According to their website, their other two sites are in New Jersey, so maybe they haven't fully "tested the water," economically speaking, or maybe they have to keep their pricing and safety policies the same as New Jersey.

I stopped in to buy some magazines, but they told me they still had items on order, including the mags.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Northampton County)

I stopped by today to check them out. Had 3 different guys ask if I needed any help. (the 4th was an wearing a vest. I'm assuming he was the range officer)

I explained I was new to the whole gun culture and instead of looking annoyed like at other shops the lit up and were more than willing to talk even knowing I wasn't spending any money yet.

It seemed like a nice selection with more coming all the time. He let me peek in the back room showing me all the racks of guns waiting to be logged and shelved.

Most exciting for me was the all original (including scope) 1903a4 I handled.

I'll report back after I try out the range.

(Lehigh County)

Ouch, $20 for an hour AND you have to watch a video?

Can anyone answer for me what they consider a "tactical range" is and how it differs from a regular range?

Quote Originally Posted by vicious View Post
    Can anyone answer for me what they consider a "tactical range" is and how it differs from a regular range?
    The ranges layouts are standard. "Tactical" just refers to the allowed rifle calibers. They guy showing me around mentioned 7.62mm, so I'd expect .223 is OK as well.

Gotcha, so "tactical" means "has a better backstop".

People just use that word for anything, don't they? Silly me, I assumed that meant you could practice something above and beyond shooting on a square range...perhaps related to "tactics"
    Last edited by vicious; October 13th, 2011 at 07:54 AM.

People just use that word for anything, don't they? Silly me, I assumed that meant you could practice something above and beyond shooting on a square range...perhaps related to "tactics"
    Be sure to wear all your "tactical gear"

(Northampton County)

Stopped by this past weekend and bought a five time pass for $75, which seemed pretty reasonable. the place was comfortable and the range was well lit and well ventilated, which was nice. the range officer and the sales guys were really helpful with my questions- i didn't have to wave a wad of cash or my credit card to get attention. definitely worth looking into.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by glockgirl View Post
    Stopped by this past weekend and bought a five time pass for $75, which seemed pretty reasonable. the place was comfortable and the range was well lit and well ventilated, which was nice. the range officer and the sales guys were really helpful with my questions- i didn't have to wave a wad of cash or my credit card to get attention. definitely worth looking into.
    There's nothing reasonable about that price in my opinion. You can join several clubs around there with no sponsors required for less than $50 a year. And, Firing Line in Whitehall is the most expensive place in the Valley at about $58/3 months - unlimited use.

(Northampton County)

Their "tactical" range isn't open yet. When I was in there last they said it was a 75 yard range with moving and spinning targets. They were not sure if that range would be included in the membership rates. They also said the "tactical" range would only be open to LEO training, and classes at first.

Rifle calibers are allowed on the standard range which is open now. 7.62x39 is the largest cartridge they will allow.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast