Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default stoeger uplander?

Any one have any experience with the uplander. I've been thinking of adding another shot gun to the collection. I like the looks of the 20ga. with a 26" 'arrel. any experiences would be helpful.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Carbon County)

Default Re: stoeger uplander?

i had one, they are heavy and just not a quality gun, spend the money on a good used one.

(Wayne County)

I guess it depends on what you're looking for and what you expect to pay.

I'm going to take the opposite position to kel ruger man. I've got the Uplander in 12 guage. I absolutely love it. It is a workhorse shotgun. No nonsense.

I've always wanted a side by side since I was a kid. My problem is I very much dislike flashy guns. I looked around at all of the different doubles and settled on a Stoeger because it was the plainest shotgun that I could find. I wanted a gun that I could use. For $300, if I bang it, drop it, scratch it (aka. use it to actually hunt) I really don't care. It adds character.

The fit and finish good. It always shoots. The recoil is a little heavier than my 870 because the Stoeger is lighter and doesn't have a recoil pad. You can add a recoil pad if you want. The only thing that I can say negative about it is that the threading for the choke tubes is pretty rough so when you clean the gun after firing it, you get a lot of fuzz stuck in the threads. But honestly, it's not that big of a deal.

If you want shiny and engraved and wooden stocks that look more like plastic than wood, the Stoeger isn't for you. If you want an inexpensive, reliable shotgun, you can't go wrong.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

I have the uplander combo 12ga. and 20ga barrels. I like the gun it is fun to shoot. The fit and finish is good and the wood looks great. I would by another one,
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Chester County)

I owned one of these for a week or so before I returned it and vowed never to purchase another gun from the dealer (Dick's Sporting Goods). The brand new weapon applied the safety every time the weapon was fired. Thus making doubles much more difficult. When I asked them about it, the man behind the counter said oh yeah we have had a lot of problems with these doing that. http://www.eaacorp.com/ Check out the IZH 43 or whatever they are calling it currently, Remington was importing them for a while as the SPR something something. They are a quality gun for a reasonable price. You will also not feel too bad if you mar it up hunting. It has more features than the Stoeger. It has ejectors with an override switch, single selective trigger, and better wood.