Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Glock Announces Voluntary Replacement Of Recoil Spring Assemblies In Gen4 Pistols

Glock Announces Voluntary Replacement Of Recoil Spring Assemblies In Gen4 Pistols
    Replacement Program Limited to Gen4 Model with GLOCK Covering All Shipping Expenses.

Glock Announces Voluntary Replacement Of Recoil Spring Assemblies In Gen4 Pistols

Glock Pistols
    SMYRNA, Ga. --(Ammoland.com)- GLOCK Inc. announces that it is voluntarily exchanging the recoil spring assembly (RSA) on its new Gen4 pistols shipped since August, 2009, to ensure each pistol’s performance meets the company’s demanding standards.

With several variations of the RSA in the market today, GLOCK’s goal with this voluntary exchange is to standardize the RSA to gain the best possible performance in each pistol.

GLOCK’s product development team has modified various elements of the RSA. The new RSA compensates for all design modifications made to the Gen4 and allows the pistols to function up to GLOCK’s rigid quality standards and reliability goals.

Consumers should note that Gen4 G26 and G27 models will not require a modified recoil spring.

“We are moving proactively and quickly to standardize this part of the pistol. This is a voluntary exchange specifically for the new Gen4 models,” said Gary Fletcher Vice President GLOCK Inc.

“We have developed a program for consumers to send in their existing recoil spring assemblies and receive new ones at no cost.”

The replacement of the Gen4 pistol RSA can be performed as part of the regular field-strip process; consumers do not need to take the Gen4 pistol to an armorer. Consumer’s wishing to participate in the exchange program are urged to call 1-877-745-8523 to order their new recoil spring.
    For more information on the details and shipping requirements on the replacement program, visit www.teamGLOCK.com.

http://www.ammoland.com/2011/09/07/g...mblies-recall/
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Berks County)

Default Re: Glock Announces Voluntary Replacement Of Recoil Spring Assemblies In Gen4 Pistols

In for 1 even though I don't need it.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Glock Announces Voluntary Replacement Of Recoil Spring Assemblies In Gen4 Pistols

Here's a direct link to the information page:
    http://www.teamGLOCK.com/customer-se...pring-exchange

My G23 has been running fine, but I'll probably swap the RSA anyway.

(Washington County)

It makes function easier, but does it make the pistol eject rounds better?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    Here's a direct link to the information page:
    http://www.teamGLOCK.com/customer-se...pring-exchange

My G23 has been running fine, but I'll probably swap the RSA anyway.
    Agreed, my new 19 rules but when I saw there was a newer RSA I wished mine had it, so looks like I will be getting it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    It makes function easier, but does it make the pistol eject rounds better?
    You having ejection issues? I have had a few stove-pipes that I wrote off to crappy ammo.
    Stay frosty....

You having ejection issues? I have had a few stove-pipes that I wrote off to crappy ammo.
    Extractor issues are fairly common with Gen4 G19s. Some guys have no issues some guys have nothing but issues. Many have been buying Lone Wolf extractors and fixed the problem.(Thus LW is having problems keeping them in stock) Glock really dropped the ball on the Gen4s IMO. They changed things that didn't need changing. The 9mm Glocks don't have much recoil anyway thus the dual recoil spring isn't really needed.

(Luzerne County)

does any one know how bad this problem is? the spring issue? is it like your gun wont fire at all ?? input will be appreciated.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    does any one know how bad this problem is? the spring issue? is it like your gun wont fire at all ?? input will be appreciated.
    My Glock 22 Gen 4 worked fine with the old spring. Received the new one and replaced ... more of a cautionary thing than anything else for me.

(Monroe County)

I've probably put 2k rounds through my Gen 4 G22 since I picked it up new in march at a dealer. I have had zero failures of any type. In fact, the pistol only seems to be getting smoother as it breaks in.

Is this new RSA just a stronger spring, or what? What would the advantage of picking one up if I've had no problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast