Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: OC may have prevented a crime/LEO encounter.

Great story, bud! I look forward to reading it in the American Rifleman.

I hope this question doesn't go to OT, but I wonder what would have been different if you were a CCer. Like if I was there instead of you. Which is fairly likely, since I just closed on a house in Lawrence County. (I realize I can't CC in OH, but just go with the hypothetical.)

I would think that a robbery would have happened. And it's likely that one or more was armed.

Shit that's a sobering thought. Definitely a major notch in the PRO column of the OC decision.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
    I didn't know a Pa resident could OC in Ohio,or were you still in Pa?
    Any non-prohibited person can open carry in Ohio. You however need an Ohio CHL or recognized equivalent in order to carry in a vehicle, open or concealed.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

Quote Originally Posted by the1jeffy View Post
    Great story, bud! I look forward to reading it in the American Rifleman.
    It's also good fodder for the "I Was There" column in "Combat Handguns".
    Je suis Charles Martel.

I've lurked here for a few years, having family in the Philadelphia area, but this post has prompted me to actively join.

I try to collect reports like this, so if the OP would put in an Open Records request it would be a Great help in documenting these cases.

Kudos to the poster.

(Cambria County)

Question Re: OC may have prevented a crime/LEO encounter.

But, but, but I thought that it would be the OCer that would be the FIRST one targeted in a crime. Why are you still alive to tell about this??

-------------------

We told them the story, and Azmat showed them the tape.

Officer 1: They were definately going to hit the place. However since no crime was actually committed, the best we can do is look for them and see if we hit anything when we pull them over.
    Anybody else wonder what the LEO did after the OP's story???

Do you think they actually "followed up"? And if they did, what pretense do you suspect they could have used to "pull them over"?

-----------------------------

OP: thanks for OCing!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by problazer1987 View Post
    Ok, I didn't see anybody ask you this.

Lets put a twist on things.

What would have you done if the guys would have continued with the robbery?

You say you frequent that store, and know the clerk from going in OC all the time.

Do you think if this would have went down, were YOU prepared for the outcome?

I suppose this has already crossed your mind.
    This is a question I've been struggling with since it happened. I know for a fact that I would NOT have charged in after them. As much as I like Azmat, he has every opportunity that I do to protect himself. Not my job. Furthermore, in the Grand Scheme of things, I dont care if he loses $100. Again, not my problem. However, had they shot Azmat, there would have been 2,070 grains of Gold Dot plus a spare waiting for them on the other side of that door.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    This is a question I've been struggling with since it happened. I know for a fact that I would NOT have charged in after them. As much as I like Azmat, he has every opportunity that I do to protect himself. Not my job. Furthermore, in the Grand Scheme of things, I dont care if he loses $100. Again, not my problem. However, had they shot Azmat, there would have been 2,070 grains of Gold Dot plus a spare waiting for them on the other side of that door.
    Plus...if two went in, and one was in the car, and you followed in, you'd still have one that could come at your back. Plus you would also run the risk of being labeled as the aggressor if you drew and entered the store. But thankfully, that decision did not have to be made.

CenterTree - I wondered the same thing. What probable cause would the officer have to pull over the vehicle if he spotted it just driving down the around (outside of speeding, expired license, etc.). Not saying it never happens, but maybe that upstanding member of society went in and noticed they were out of Diet-Pepsi. I dunno...

Glad the 'encounter' ended uneventfully and free from flashing lights.
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you.

Sadly, I have to call this fairy tale "impossible." It could not have happened.

Why not?

Because, as we all know from reading the sage pronouncements of the armchair experts on the Internet, anyone open carrying at the scene of a robbery will be instantly cut down by the robbers on a hail of mini-Uzi fire and left to die a horrible death with his gun still in the holster. To suggest that would-be crooks might actually run away rather than just shoot you down like a dog strains credibility.

JK!

Good job. And good reactions from the LEOs, as well.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Thanks for sharing OP. Glad it turned out alright and glad you were OC'ing that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Lobo 00 View Post
    i think the O.P watches to much t.v.
    Seriously Troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Sadly, I have to call this fairy tale "impossible." It could not have happened.

Why not?

Because, as we all know from reading the sage pronouncements of the armchair experts on the Internet, anyone open carrying at the scene of a robbery will be instantly cut down by the robbers on a hail of mini-Uzi fire and left to die a horrible death with his gun still in the holster. To suggest that would-be crooks might actually run away rather than just shoot you down like a dog strains credibility.

JK!

Good job. And good reactions from the LEOs, as well.
    Lol when I first read this I thought "not another troll" but then I read the rest of the post.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Lackawanna County)

Kudos on the entire encounter. Let's send that PD some doughnuts!

You are right about the shakes...they don't start until after, then an hour later you probably got the adrenaline come-down.

Anyway, enjoy some Chiclets for a good job!
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast