Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default glock 23 or 35 or ?

I dont own a glock yet, and I am considering one of these for CC. Anyone have any info I should consider before buying a glock to carry? I chose the .40 cal since I dont have that caliber currently, and I have my sister-in-laws holster and ammo from her police service. Thats not the only reason for the gun choice. I think a .40 would be a good self defense gun, and possibly my wife would like the recoil. Am I right in thinking that?

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: glock 23 or 35 or ?

g23 is a great choice for a carry piece. the g35 is a nice target gun but a little long for cc work. my g23 is a gen 3 with tru-glo tfo sites and is used on a regular basis for cc. accuracy is as good as the full size models and is a little easier to hide. just a warning they are contagious, you can,t just have one.

(Butler County)

Default Re: glock 23 or 35 or ?

thanks reddog, I will look more at the g23 for CC. I appreciate the input

(York County)

I too have a g23 but I added a g27 to match lol very reliable both are factory stocked and right out of the box accurate. The g27 is a true back up weapon for cc or any active duty law enforcement, security or military personnel. I'm going to go purchase a new Glock next week.lol

(Allegheny County)

I have a G35 and it's a great shooting gun but a bit to big for CC. I'd go with the G23 if CC is going to be your primary use.

I have a G23. It's small enough to conceal easily, but still large enough to shoot comfortably.

I don't know how sensitive to recoil your wife is, but the .40 is a bit snappy. A G23 with a $100 Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel might be just the thing. You almost get two guns for the price of one.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I have a G23. It's small enough to conceal easily, but still large enough to shoot comfortably.

I don't know how sensitive to recoil your wife is, but the .40 is a bit snappy. A G23 with a $100 Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel might be just the thing. You almost get two guns for the price of one.
    If you just have to get a Glock then I agree with Iron Butt. I think the G23 is actually the best all around Glock. .40 cal is strong, but more manageable than a 10mm or .45, and it is cheaper ammo. It is not too big, not too small. To me, overall, the best Glock going. SMO
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

go with the 23 if you plan on using it to cc. the 35 is designed for competition and with it being larger and with a longer barrel its better suited to just that.
    Who Dares Wins

(Butler County)

cool. All the input was great. g23 it is. i think my wife can handle a .40, but well see lol. She isnt super sensitive, but she is new to shooting. She has a 380 now, but its a POS davis that should be melted down. i figure I would buy the glock and carry it if she dont like it
    **and in case anyone is wondering, no, she DOES NOT carry the davis nor do I, nor is there ever a round chambered in it. I wouldnt trust that gun to hold papers on my desk in a wind storm
    Last edited by MicroMonkey; September 7th, 2011 at 01:10 PM.

(Montgomery County)

The G23 is my favorite gun. My girl loves shooting my Sig P229 in .40 but hates the G23. She won't even try it again. But the remedy is a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for $99

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast