Hey Ladies and Gents,

I'm moving to SEPA in a couple of months from Colorado. I have my resident CCW permit (guess that's "LCTF" in PA) and a NR CCW permit from Utah. So even if I have to immediately surrender my CO license with my move, the NR permit from Utah allows me to still carry in PA until I receive my new license.

What I am curious about is if anyone knows about someone that is transferring into PA what the process is. I had to take a CO NRA course for my CO CCW and then another UT NRA course for that license. I'm sure that PA requires something along the same lines, but is there any leeway given for someone transferring in?

Besides that, the county processes even seem somewhat different. Currently, we're considering Delco, Montco, and Bucks. I get the feeling from the forum that Montco is a pain in the ass to deal with and requires additional information. Like, what is a PD check card? ...and what should the normal process be?

Thanks,
Phil

PS
I'm happy to see that Philly cannot outlaw LCTF. Denver tried to do it here years ago, and it was struck down by a state statute similar to your own.