Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default www.pafoa.org updates, new forums, and a fundraiser!

Howdy all,

After much fighting with the webserver over the last 2 hours I have compltely re-vamped the main PAFOA website located at http://www.pafoa.org/

The main site is now sitting on top of a system that will let us expand our content faster and more efficiently, as well as allow us to create databases of information for things like reciprocity, county-specific information and so on. The changes are for the most part behind-the-scenes but the changes are huge.

The one important addition to the main website is the new Law section. Right now I've added a decent summary about carrying firearms in the state of Pennsylvania because I feel that is the most important question on most people's minds who come to the site. As time goes on I will be adding additional information to the carry section and be adding new sections for topics like buying/selling firearms (especially NFA/Title II items), hunting. Speaking of which I'm looking for someone who is intimately familiar with hunting law in Pennsylvania to help me detail the regulations regarding it. I am not a hunter and never have been so I really don't know anything about the law.

Secondly we've added a few new sections to the forum:

News: The news forum is simply that, I'd like to keep it up to date with news that effects Pennsylvanian Shooters. I'm hoping to provide a place where people can come and see all the news they care about without having to scour a million different websites. The way it works is this: anyone can post a new thread to this forum but it will have to be approved by the moderators. This is done mostly to make sure people don't post duplicates of the same news story. I'm going to be doing my best to post news to it myself but I'd really like it if members submitted news to this forum for approval. I'm sure everyone out here reads at least one news story a day that effects us, if you can take 2 minutes to submit it we'll have more news than we can handle.

Articles: This section is for articles. While there's tons of information on the forum I think it would be nice if we started collecting well-written, edited articles on the site. If you have a topic that you are real knowledgable about and you'd like to share that knowledge with everyone else feel free to write an article and submit it to the articles forum. Like the news forum articles will have to be approved by moderators and we will be a little more picky on the ones we approve. We really would like to see quality writing here. We're not saying it has to be perfect but we don't want factually incorrect stuff here.

Lastly and most importantly

I have been approached by a member of this forum who has made an extremely generous offer to help get the ball rolling on filling our warchest to pay the $3,000+ in lawyer fees it's going to cost us to get incorporated as a non-profit organization and really get rolling.

This member has offered to match all donations for a 1 week period up to $500. Even better than that doug has offered to do the same. On top of that I will do the exact same thing out of my personal savings that have not previously been earmarked for PAFOA.

The general details of this fundraiser are going to be this:
    1. During the week after thanksgiving (monday morning through sunday evening) I will open up a thread with the full details of the fundraiser along with stats as we go.
    2. If you would like to take part in the fundraiser you will reply to the thread with a pledge to donate a certain amount.
    3. Pledges must be received one week from the end of the drive to be matched.
    The beauty of this is if you can part with $25 the multiplied result is a $100 donation to the organization.

All donors will be added to the donor database (either anonymously, or with whatever information you would like to make public) and donations of $100+ will have the option of having a website of their choice (within reason) linked from the donors page. The link is especially important to any businesses represented on the forum as our search engine ranking will in turn effect the search engine ranking of your website and provide you with traffic and referrals.

Additionally if you would like to also match funds during this fundraiser please contact me with how much you'd like to match.

The fact of the matter is gun owners are constantly struggling to preserve their rights against overwhelming forces trying to take them away and after the last elections I think we all know it's going to get worse before it gets better. We at the PAFOA really hope to be an equally strong force to push back but to do that we need to be incorporated and to do that we really need your help. Think of a donation to us as an investment in your rights.

That's all I have for now, I hope you guys enjoy the new features and information and make sure to check back next week when the fundraiser starts.
    Last edited by danp; November 20th, 2006 at 03:44 AM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Thumbs up Re: www.pafoa.org updates, new forums, and a fundraiser!

The updates sound great, keep up the good work!
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Berks County)

Default Re: www.pafoa.org updates, new forums, and a fundraiser!

Dan,

Great news, and a HUGE "Thank You" to our extremely generous benefactors!
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas