Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Target World (Chalfont) - bad info (IMO) and interesting insurance situation

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    I don't get the .22 thing, are they implying that a .22 is less dangerous than other calibers?
    It's much easier to handle. It's usually lighter and much lesser recoil.
    Je suis déplorable

Default Re: Target World (Chalfont) - bad info (IMO) and interesting insurance situation

I used to work at TW for a while. When I was there, the staff was generally friendly and knowledgeable. There were a couple of people, however, who were stubborn and could occasionally be rude. I never witnessed it because I would definitely have said something, but I've heard stories.

Back in those days (maybe ~8 years ago?), I recall no such rule with the range. I know that if someone wanted to be permitted to draw from a holster they were required to go through some sort of class or had to be ok'ed by one of the managers. Plus they were pretty strict about what they called "rapid fire".

All that being said, the OP's story doesn't surprise me. Actually it wouldn't surprise me to hear it at any range nowadays. Typically ranges are becoming more and more anal about "liability" issues. As for the attitude from the staff... that's been the rule rather than the exception... if you frequent a gun shop often enough, you're more than likely going to run into at least one cranky a-hole employee. These places don't pay very well and "gun guys" do not always make good customer service staff. I can easily see the owner at TW coming up with this new set of rules in order to try to cover his butt.

All I can say is that if you find a guy (range or store or gunsmith) who treats you well and fairly, tell everyone and then keep going to him. If you find someone who sucks, tell everyone and then stop going there. Too many people are treated so badly, but then, over time, forgive and forget and go back to the same place that dicked them over... being hypocritical and setting themselves up for more future problems. I don't think anyone here would blame you for not going back to TW.

I ended up leaving that place because my schedule was getting tight with my full time job and because I had a steadily growing distaste for the owner and some of the ways he behaved. Around that time, we lost a lot of the good employees for the same reason. (I won't get into the specifics because, for all I know, he's not the owner any more; and the stuff he was doing was more related to employees rather than customers so it's probably not appropriate.)

(Montgomery County)

No longer the case. I never shot a .22 there. Only larger calibers.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Plunkit View Post
    way to update an 8yo thread no one read anymore
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Plunkit View Post
    Not to keep the up the necro'ing, but when did you go? I took my wife there 3 years or so ago and they made her use their .22 revolver first. She had issues because the trigger pull was 12lbs so she took 3 shots and we left. I still shoot there myself though.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    So what's wrong with revisiting an old thread? Apparently someone did read it recently, that's what made it active again. I've sent many people to PAFOA for advice and information and many of them told me that they won't be going back because of the arrogance they encountered immediately. I'll admit that I haven't been a regular here because that type of arrogance isn't appealing to me.
    Who cares how old the thread is? If it is interesting to someone and they want to chime in on it what's the B.F.D.?
    If you've seen it and have no interest in it you can just scroll right past it and not feel obligated to make any comment on it at all. This forum is for anyone and everyone, it's not just to suit the whims of a few members who want to feel like they have some sort of control over others.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    So what's wrong with revisiting an old thread? Apparently someone did read it recently, that's what made it active again. I've sent many people to PAFOA for advice and information and many of them told me that they won't be going back because of the arrogance they encountered immediately. I'll admit that I haven't been a regular here because that type of arrogance isn't appealing to me.
    Who cares how old the thread is? If it is interesting to someone and they want to chime in on it what's the B.F.D.?
    If you've seen it and have no interest in it you can just scroll right past it and not feel obligated to make any comment on it at all. This forum is for anyone and everyone, it's not just to suit the whims of a few members who want to feel like they have some sort of control over others.
    +1

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    I posted to the thread because things change. This facility was upgraded substantially and is one of the most modern around and is no longer deserving of the previous remarks, in my opinion. Very safety conscious and inviting. Apparently they got the message at some time in the past. Sometimes threads are worthy of revisiting, unlike some of the comments here. Apparently the complainer did find it worthy of reading.

(Montgomery County)

I think with the bad rap they have most good, knowledgeable shooters don't go there. Or at least more than once. That would mean the bulk of their shooters are newbe's. Or at least questionable shooters.

I think that would feed them feeling none of us know what we are doing. And it would make them even more restrictive. Sort of a self destructive circle.

(Bucks County)

I have lurked here for quite some time and do not post often. But seeing this thread come up kind of got me thinking. To Siobhra, I am really not sure where the thought comes from that knowledgable shooters don't go here. I have been shooting here for years and know many people by name that also shoot here-competition level shooters who return on a weekly basis. I would argue that this is one on the safest, cleanest ranges in the area. If you are looking for a range that you can draw from a holster, rapid fire, etc., no this range is not for you. If you are looking for a clean, safe range where you can feel reasonably comfortable that the people next to you have a clue about guns, then this is the place to go. We are, in my eyes, fortunate to have multiple ranges around the area in Bucks county each offering a different feel, vibe, requirements, etc. and I think it is great that we all can decide where we like best. I just find it a little odd that someone would make such a general statement that a bulk of the shooters are newbies or questionable shooters. I would be happy to put my skills or those of others that I shoot with at Target World up against many others. Not that we would be better, but I would be very comfortable to show that we are not newbe's or questionable.
    Last edited by captain54; October 31st, 2019 at 08:29 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast