Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Target World (Chalfont) - bad info (IMO) and interesting insurance situation

I like the fact that it's safety conscious. The guys can be a little cold at first but I think it's the best range in the area.

Default Re: Target World (Chalfont) - bad info (IMO) and interesting insurance situation

These thoughts are merely my own:

If it were my business, and I had a written policy of "new shooters must qualify on a .22 under supervision of a RSO", and someone had just spent money to buy a new hand gun from me, I'd gift the .22 rental fee, but not the box of ammo. I'd probably also unofficially tell the clock keepers to not really count the time they're using the .22.

I'm not a range/store owner though, so I'm probably considered woefully wrong in my opinions. Interestingly I don't really visit gun shops with ranges, kind of for that reason.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Montgomery County)

Iíve shot at a number of local or semi-local indoor public ranges over the years. Was a member of Target World back in the late 80ís and early 90ís and shot there once a week. Been to Claytonís (never again), Classic Pistol, and Targetmaster, and probably a couple others whose names I canít recall. Iíve experienced employees with bad attitudes, either personally or interacting with other customers, at every one of them at one time or another.

Donít get me wrong. Most range employees are great, but thereís always that one guy. I understand safety is everyoneís first priority (Iím an NRA instructor and CRSO and have been shooting since most of them were just a twinkle in their daddyís eye) but thereís a way to teach safety without being a dick!

Public ranges get a lot of new shooters, and we all need to be friendly and encouraging. Among other reasons, more shooters equals more 2A proponents to vote anti-gun politicians out of office. Going to a range can be extremely intimidating for a beginner. They need to feel welcome....and hard ass Tactical Timmy with a shitty attitude behind the counter isnít welcoming. Ranges need more female employees. (Except my wife. Sheís mean.)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FBG001 View Post
    Don’t get me wrong. Most range employees are great, but there’s always that one guy. I understand safety is everyone’s first priority (I’m an NRA instructor and CRSO and have been shooting since most of them were just a twinkle in their daddy’s eye) but there’s a way to teach safety without being a dick!

Public ranges get a lot of new shooters, and we all need to be friendly and encouraging. Among other reasons, more shooters equals more 2A proponents to vote anti-gun politicians out of office. Going to a range can be extremely intimidating for a beginner. They need to feel welcome....and hard ass Tactical Timmy with a shitty attitude behind the counter isn’t welcoming. Ranges need more female employees. (Except my wife. She’s mean.)
    That's a great way to put it

(Montgomery County)

I’ve been going to TW for several years now. The RSOs were tough and kept an eye on me when I first started. None were ever mean or condescending. If I did something “unsafe” the politely told me what I was doing wrong and how to avoid doing it. Once they know you and see you’re shooting in a safe and responsible manner (it doesn’t take long) they warm up. But after all the time I’ve been going there, I’ve never seen any RSO be a “dick”.
    Joe... Sig P320 P229 P365 | SA 1911 | CZ 455V | Henry GB | Ruger 10/22 | Tippmann M4-22

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123