Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: sr9c pricing

(Bucks County)

Default sr9c pricing

Hi everyone, new to the site and new to the world of guns. Had my first range time last Tuesday and already want to go back. Shot 50 rounds on a glock 17. Attached are my 2 targets at 15 feet.

Anyways, on to my question. I'm thinking of getting myself an sr9c but don't know what to expect in terms of pricing. Google tells me some online places sell for 380 but I don't know what to expect at local shops in bucks county. Planning on calling up tanners, CP, surplus city and maybe others, but don't want to be shocked with prices.

Last thing. I like the sr9c because i've read people like them, I like the look, I like the price compared to other similar models and I like the safeties. I also like the ambidextrous controls as I'm left handed. Any you guys would recommend with similar specs?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: sr9c pricing

Is $$$ an issue? In my opinion, there are better pistols out there for not much more $$$. Also, what will it be used for? Will it be an all around HD, range, carry, etc.?
    Last edited by harold63; September 3rd, 2011 at 08:30 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Bucks County)

Sorry, didn't mention that. Yes it is, def don't want anything over 500, its why the sr9c seems like great pricing, according to google shopper of course. Have a kid at home and need a safe as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Is $$$ an issue? In my opinion, there are better pistols out there for not much more $$$. Also, what will it be used for? Will it be an all around HD, range, carry, etc.?
    Don't get me wrong, since you are new to guns; I do not think the SR9c sucks by any means. Just some that I like better, but who am I. I do like the two different mags that you can get for it.

The price you are saying is a good price. Two shops in my town sell them for $419 and $429, respectively. You may be able to find one a little cheaper if you shop or negotiate well, but $380 is good. Some years ago, I found a PT 92 on line for $419, new. A shop in my town had it for $459 and he matched the price, without the extra shipping and transfer fees.
    Last edited by harold63; September 3rd, 2011 at 08:42 PM.

(Bucks County)

Should have mentioned that. It would be an all around. Don't plan to open carry but planning on getting my cc permit at some point. As of right now I don't see myself buying multiple guns but who knows down the road. Thanks for the advise and info. What would be your cup of tea in that price range?

The Kahr CW9 is a very good carry gun that is in your price range. It can take a lot of shooting and makes a good night stand gun, as well.
    Last edited by harold63; September 3rd, 2011 at 09:54 PM.

(Dauphin County)

I paid $429 + tax in Feb for my sr9c. I like it alot. It fits my hand better than my friend's glock and i like the trigger better than my xdm. I would go to a shop if for nothing else than to handle a few guns to see which one feels good in the hand to you.
    Last edited by midtownchris; September 3rd, 2011 at 10:23 PM.

(Dauphin County)

Looks like you shot the glock pretty well. How did it feel to you? You could get one in the size you like be it 17, 19, or 26 (I think).

(Bucks County)

A buddy of mine bought the sr9c over the winter brand new at Tanners for $399.

(Bucks County)

@300WM The CW9 looks good but seems to be geared towards right handers. The best thing I like about the SR9c is the its fully ambi, no need to flip the mag release or manual safety.

@MidtownChris Thank you, didnt know if I should have believed the employee helping me out or if he was being honest on it being decent. I have nothing else to compare it to, so I can only say it seems to fit fine. Wasn't uncomfortable but I was more paying attention to stance and aim.

@PaulPA21 MidtownChris's price was good and made me happy, price you mentioned at a location I know of makes me happier. Hope it's still at that price. I wasn't planning on getting it this soon but that price sounds hard to pass up.

Now on to another question (comments on the SR9c and other guns still welcome). I live about 3 minutes away from the National Guard Armory on Roosevelt and know they do gun shows there. What are all your opinions on gun shows? Cheaper pricing? Pushing crappy products? Rip offs?

thanks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast