If you like to shoot a lot of rounds down range, I think you'll have a lot of fun!

Sign ups start at 10:00, Practice/Sight-in at 11:00, competition starts at noon. (If you can’t come until after noon, you can still shoot.)

All stages rotate at 10 minute intervals. Rifle section is $5/round (stages 1,2a,2b,3) Shoot it as many times as you wish.

Stage 1 Rifle: Zombie Groundhogs: From a bench, engage as many targets as possible (at least 20 3-1/2" swingers) from 50 to 200 yards. 10 minutes, unlimited rounds. A spotter will confirm hits before you can move on to the next distant target.

Stage 2a Rifle: Shoot for score paper punch. From a bench, shoot for score at 10 bulls, 1 shot each bull @100 yards. Unlimited sighters.

Stage 2b Rifle: Silhouettes. From the offhand position, try to knock down 20 1/5 scale NRA silhouettes at 20/50/75/100 yards. 20 shot limit.

Stage 3 Rifle: Dueling tree with a twist. Two shooters, two 4 spoon resetting targets, and a 6 spoon dueling tree at 40 yards. Standing position. You have to knock the 4 spoons up on your side, before engaging the dueling tree. First shooter to have all the spoons up on the resetting target, and the spoons on the tree on the competitors’ side wins. If a spoon on your resetting target happens to go down, you have to get them up before going back to the dueling tree. Bring lots of mags. (We’ll bracket the winners/losers and run a side game here at some point during the day)

Pistol stage (optional, 22LR only, $1/round): Dueling tree at 25 yards, 10 minutes time limit.

Wobble Trap - we'll have the trap range open also ($3.50/round 25 birds), so if you want to bring your shotgun, and shoot between rounds, it’s a short walk away from the rifle range. We run our wobble from the 16 yard trap pads.

Suggestions: Bring lots of Ammo, you'll need it. Also, bring lots of mags. I'm bringing 2 rifles - a scoped bolt 22 for stages 1&2, and a AR22 for the duel. Bring a 22 Pistol, and shotgun if you can. I'll gladly make my rest and bags available to use when I'm not shooting if you need them.

I'm not requiring Pre-registration deposit or anything, but I would like to know roughly how many to expect. Please PM me, or reply to the thread that you're coming.

We'll have Hot dogs, Hamburgers and drinks available.

The shoot will be at Juniata Sportsmen's Club. It’s located between Port Royal, and Mifflin, on route 333.

From State College, take 322 East, to the Route 35 Mifflintown\McAlisterville exit. Turn Right, go through Mifflintown. Cross the Juniata River, stay on 35 through Mifflin, past the custard stand on the left. About a 1/4 mile past the custard stand, turn Left on Route 333. Go a couple miles; look for our sign on the right- -but you need to turn LEFT into the driveway, which we share with Route 333 Supply. Follow the lane up the hill, past the clubhouse, past the trap range to the rifle range on the left.

From Harrisburg, take 322 west to the Route 75/Port Royal exit. Take 75 toward Port Royal. Cross the Juniata River, stay on 75 through Port Royal. A the end of town turn RIGHT on to Route 333, go about a mile, turn Right into the driveway for Route 333 Supply. Follow the lane up the hill, past the clubhouse, past the trap range to the rifle range on the left.

******UPDATE BELOW*******

Slight change in plan. I just found out at our club meeting, that the Standing Stone Traditional Archery and Muzzle Loaders club is having a 2 day shoot Sept 17-18 at our club grounds. Missed that on the calendar.

What this means for this shoot is that we might not have the use of the Trap Range. They typically use some areas of our trap range, and shot fall zone for their archery target walk. It all depends on their turnout- -if they get a good turnout, the shotgun range will be closed, however, if they get a low turnout, they will have bugged out and we can open the trap range up.

So….bring your shotgun, but you possibly might not have the opportunity to shoot it.

BUT, if you’re also into Traditional Archery (Recurve only, no compound bows), or Traditional Muzzle loading, bring them (black powder, patch and ball, open sights only). They have a wide variety of contests going. Traditional = the guys who dress up in Daniel Boone outfits.

22 Rifle and Pistol area is going on as advertised! Weather on Sunday should be good; they’re calling for Sunny skies, with a High of 70.