Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Nice, I'm going to assume the longer you can hold them the more they will be worth.
    That's kind of the gamble I'm facing. They're hitting $3500 on GB right now which I imagine will decrease in the next few weeks as more become available. But, and it's a big but, they might be worth 4 or 5 grand each in a year or two when they aren't flooding the market. Or, everyone will have forgotten about them and only a few collectors will be looking for bargains after the frenzy. Given that I can't sit on them having my money tied up, they're hitting GB tonight or by the end of the weekend. I'll be listing them at $3200 with no reserve.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    That's kind of the gamble I'm facing. They're hitting $3500 on GB right now which I imagine will decrease in the next few weeks as more become available. But, and it's a big but, they might be worth 4 or 5 grand each in a year or two when they aren't flooding the market. Or, everyone will have forgotten about them and only a few collectors will be looking for bargains after the frenzy. Given that I can't sit on them having my money tied up, they're hitting GB tonight or by the end of the weekend. I'll be listing them at $3200 with no reserve.
    I'm picking up my NIB tomorrow. Only bought one but now that I've shot my used one, I'm not as into the NIB. So sort of the same dilemma: sell it now to essentially get the used one for free, or stuff it in the safe and hope it's worth $4k or more in a few years.

Word is there were only 1,000 total and most of them were used, so you'd think these NIB will be worth quite a bit some day, but who knows.

(Indiana County)

Came today...I'm pleased. They're unissued.

You got that funky paperwork with them too right?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    I'm picking up my NIB tomorrow. Only bought one but now that I've shot my used one, I'm not as into the NIB. So sort of the same dilemma: sell it now to essentially get the used one for free, or stuff it in the safe and hope it's worth $4k or more in a few years.

Word is there were only 1,000 total and most of them were used, so you'd think these NIB will be worth quite a bit some day, but who knows.
    What I've been seeing is that only about 470 of the unissued ones were decommissioned. They are rare birds.

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    You got that funky paperwork with them too right?
    I did. None were missing as some had complained about.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Indiana County)

What I've been seeing is that only about 470 of the unissued ones were decommissioned. They are rare birds.

I did. None were missing as some had complained about.
    Good, that paperwork seems to be missing with some as you noted.

(Allegheny County)

So will the low number make up for the fact that all of these will be kept unfired and pristine or will they be like things made to be collectible that everyone puts away hoping they'll be worth more some day but never are. I assume the former.

The M1916 holster I got is almost pointless to even mention at this point.
    Very nice Jumbo!

(Washington County)

Bought my First ever wheel gun today. It was kind of an impulse buy

Don't know much about her yet, But I'm liking it so far. Hope to take it out tomorrow.

Ruger GP100 in 357

IMG_1807.JPG
    If the Internet says it, then it must be true.

They multiple quick and you made a good first choice but whatever you do, don't hold it like that.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    They multiple quick and you made a good first choice but whatever you do, don't hold it like that.
    Haha when I look at it on my pc it's upside down. On here yea it's pointed at me. When I took the picture is was pointing to the left of me.

Page 1126 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 1266261026107611161122112311241125112611271128112911301136117612261626 ... LastLast