Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Just to remind you, black Friday is probably not the best time to call unless this department is different from the order takers.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Lycoming County)

Not fancy or anything, but I couldn't pass this up at lgs. Virginian Dragoon in 44mag for $252 out the door. How can you walk away from a $250 44mag.

(Lancaster County)

^^Case hardened Virginian goodness. Enjoy. ^^
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Bought some ammo from Sportsmansguide. The package got lost at Fed Ex in Ohio (I later found out the label got separated from the box). Dealing with customer service representatives was a nightmare. When I reported a lost package, the one Fed Ex rep somehow translated 420 rounds of Federal XM855 .223 ammo, and 300 rounds of Malaysian Surplus .308 into "paper". I spoke with another (apparently more intelligent rep) at Fed Ex, and she was able to correctly update the description of the package contents. After some time had passed, Sportsmansguide shipped out a replacement order free of charge (They offered free return shipping of that ammo if Fed Ex found the original package). Fed Ex did find the package, placed a new label on the package, and resumed shipment to my residence. Both packages arrived today. One package had an extra 300 rounds of Malaysian surplus. I was just going to purchase the ammo that Sportsmansguide had sent as a replacement for my previously lost package. I was also going to return the mistake that Sportsmansguide made (the extra 300 rounds of ammo). The customer service guide at Sportsmansguide could not wrap their head around this simple concept. So, I'm returning the extra ammo. It was too difficult to get the customer service rep to comprehend that I wanted to be charged for the ammo they sent, and wanted a return label for the extra 300 rounds that they sent. Perhaps I'll return the ammo they sent, and just place another order for the same amount I'm returning. Seems crazy, but it is so much easier than dealing with customer service representatives who have no listening skills.
    Doing the right thing and being honest is not always easy.
    Sometimes it is downright thankless.
    But right is right.
    And doing right by others is the only thing that allows us to expect that right be done to us in return.
    Well done.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Cumberland County)

You are correct, can't walk away from that deal. Nice gun. Congrats !

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Not fancy or anything, but I couldn't pass this up at lgs. Virginian Dragoon in 44mag for $252 out the door. How can you walk away from a $250 44mag.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(York County)

I made an ugly green one for the holiday season
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Every day's a Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    But right is right.
    And doing right by others is the only thing that allows us to expect that right be done to us in return.
    Such is the case yesterday. I check on my friends house and have been doing it day in and out for years. He went into a home after several strokes. I get reimbursed bills when I submit them, and that's not very often. Yesterday returning from his place my gas light came on. I pulled into the pumps and went in to pay cash. I checked and was at pump #7. Lucky you say? So do I! I paid for $40 in gas and bought two tickets from slot#7 on the scratch offs. I hit for $100 bucks.

What does this have to do with guns? Well I was CC due to the cold weather
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(York County)

Received my PSA 16" Keymod upper today, along with a couple boxes of ammo, some cleaners/lubes, rail guards, and sosme odds n ends. I did also order a PSA BCG as well (think it was listed as the "Premium" BCG for $80), which was in stock at the time of my order, and showed in stock the day before the package shipped. So I was pretty surprised and angry when I cleaned the box out and there was no BCG. Went on their website and it was now sold out, and on my order page it was backordered. Its my first order from PSA so I was heated, I called and talked to them and they said they had no idea how that happened and didnt know when theyd get more. So I asked if I could "upgrade" to the nickle boron BCG they had in stock, which is normally $150 but was on sale for $90 for black friday, and Id pay the $10 difference, as I didnt wannt wait weeks to get a BCG. The lady came back and said her supervisor said they would send the upgraded BCG free of charge and ship it out tonight, which is pretty nice of them. So cant really complain, Im waiting on a FDE bolt catch and selector switch anyways, and this way I get a much better BCG.

Anyways, heres the upper, and a pic of it on the uncompleted lower as a mock up so I could see what it would look like.

(Lancaster County)

That's a real nice looking upper you have there...glad to hear that PSA took care of you

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    That's a real nice looking upper you have there...glad to hear that PSA took care of you
    Thanks. It is pretty nice, especially for the price. I was worried before I bought it and while waiting because Ive heard a bunch of stories of some PSA uppers having a blue or purple color to them. This one though is nice and black and matches really well with the lower.

Page 1233 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 233733113311831223122912301231123212331234123512361237124312831333 ... LastLast