Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Great gun! I love mine.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Westmoreland County)

This just arrived today from Palmetto State Armory. The pistol, along with an AR10 and AR15 lower were part of an extremely well priced Daily Deal from PSA. The deal was basically killed by the insanely high transfer fee from the FFL--$91. Apparently the shop/gun range charges a fee for each item transferred. The fee used to be reasonable at $25. More recently it was $40 for one firearm. I can understand the store needs to make money to keep the doors open, but $91 is excessive IMO. Anyway, I'm not so sure I like the LC9s. The trigger safety dug into my finger and was uncomfortable after a while. My initial shots were far left. After a few magazines, I did manage to get a more consistent pattern with the gun, but I'm still pulling left. The gun doesn't have a comfortable feel in my hand, and I have a hard time keeping the sights on target just dry firing (which is uncomfortable as my finger still smarts from the trigger safety). I've been wanting something small to carry. I have an Airweight S&W .38 which carries well, but I want something with better sights and quicker reloads. Mostly all reviews of the LC9s were positive. IDK.
    Ruger LC(s.jpg

(Cumberland County)

$91 - that’s insane, I’d find a new shop. Sounds like they just don’t like to do transfers on guns not purchased from them and rob ya blind! I still haven’t shot my lc9s but hope I have better luck. Enjoy your builds !

QUOTE=Cville;3766872]This just arrived today from Palmetto State Armory. The pistol, along with an AR10 and AR15 lower were part of an extremely well priced Daily Deal from PSA. The deal was basically killed by the insanely high transfer fee from the FFL--$91. Apparently the shop/gun range charges a fee for each item transferred. The fee used to be reasonable at $25. More recently it was $40 for one firearm. I can understand the store needs to make money to keep the doors open, but $91 is excessive IMO. Anyway, I'm not so sure I like the LC9s. The trigger safety dug into my finger and was uncomfortable after a while. My initial shots were far left. After a few magazines, I did manage to get a more consistent pattern with the gun, but I'm still pulling left. The gun doesn't have a comfortable feel in my hand, and I have a hard time keeping the sights on target just dry firing (which is uncomfortable as my finger still smarts from the trigger safety). I've been wanting something small to carry. I have an Airweight S&W .38 which carries well, but I want something with better sights and quicker reloads. Mostly all reviews of the LC9s were positive. IDK.
    Ruger LC(s.jpg[/QUOTE]
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    Kinda got the bug. So off I went and bought this little bug swatter.
    Nice.Do you have any mods planned for it?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    $91 - othat’s insane, I’d find a new shop. Sounds like they just don’t like to do transfers on guns not purchased from them and rob ya blind! I still haven’t shot my lc9s but hope I have better luck. Enjoy your builds!
    I need to look around. One runs a good shop, but has odd hours. I expected to pay around $40 at this shop (just for convenience). The LC9s might grown on me. I just can't stand the trigger safety. I have a Hogue grip on the way. It is real easy to carry. I had not problems other than pulling and the trigger safety. Trying to think of ways to cover the stupid thing. The SR9c has a nice trigger, the safety doesn't dig into my finger at all.

(Bucks County)

I’ve been smacked up like that in the past as well. Costly lessons learned, for sure. I had three lowers shipped to a local ffl, $40 per!

Couldn’t believe it! My fault for not clarifying that up prior. I was under the impression that three firearms can be processed thru on a single 4473. I actually do believe that portion to be true. Nonetheless I was hammered.

I was thoroughly surprised, it’s a great lgs, very well respected. Still is by me, but i’ll Never have multiple firearms shipped there again.

(Chester County)

I don't know if the law has changed since, but prior to the 2016 election, I bought 3 AR lowers online and my local FFL only charged me $30 for a single entry into his log book.

Works like a notary, $5 per document notarized, not per visit.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Works like a notary, $5 per document notarized, not per visit.
    Not quite: there is space on the 4473 for multiple entries, so it is only equivalent to one document. I had that happen once, and the dealer insisted on a new 4473 and charge for each transfer just to pad his wallet. I do not deal with transfers there anymore, and they are way down on the list for other stuff. If it was not that they get interesting used guns I would likely not ever go back.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Not quite: there is space on the 4473 for multiple entries, so it is only equivalent to one document. I had that happen once, and the dealer insisted on a new 4473 and charge for each transfer just to pad his wallet. I do not deal with transfers there anymore, and they are way down on the list for other stuff. If it was not that they get interesting used guns I would likely not ever go back.
    My local guy charges $30.00 for transfer regardless of how many at a time. I did 3 striped lowers and an AK rifle at once a few years back.

Page 1290 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 290790119012401280128612871288128912901291129212931294130013401390 ... LastLast