Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Decided to try a radiused sear in my next 1911 build, so picked up Harrison's jig. Looking forward to trying this!

TRJig.jpg

(Perry County)

The ECHO CS-2511T is the lightest gas-powered chain saw in North America. The 25.0 cc professional-grade engine delivers incredible horse power from a compact, easily maneuverable body. Other user-friendly features include a fine mesh screen to reduce debris ingestion and an adjustable oiler to match cutting conditions.

Weighs only 5.2 lbs.
    12 in. bar length handles a wide variety of limbing tasks
    Captive bar nut prevents loss when adjusting chain tension
    3/8 in. pitch, low-profile chain with extra long cutters
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lackawanna County)

Nice I’ve got an echo Timberwolf. I dig it.

(Philadelphia County)

Picked it up yesterday. Used, decent shape. Went in for ammo and maybe a new scope.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Nice I’ve got an echo Timberwolf. I dig it.
    I've got a bigger Stihl and Husqvarna and last time I ran the Stihl cutting firewood, my shoulders were really unhappy. Neither is small enough for the dozens of river birch I need to eradicate from around my pond. I'd be in the hospital trying to maneuver those saws that much, my shoulders are shot.

I've read a lot of good about the Echos and this one is light. Not much heavier than a big handgun.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I've got a bigger Stihl and Husqvarna and last time I ran the Stihl cutting firewood, my shoulders were really unhappy. Neither is small enough for the dozens of river birch I need to eradicate from around my pond. I'd be in the hospital trying to maneuver those saws that much, my shoulders are shot.

I've read a lot of good about the Echos and this one is light. Not much heavier than a big handgun.

I am defiantly interested after reading how light it is. 23 years ago I worked as a tree climber and used an Echo for my climbing saw it was an excellent piece of equipment as well as all the Stihl logging saw's we had. I have no saw's now and there is a lot of tree work that I need done. Paying someone irks me because I did the work for almost a decade. I read a lot of negative reviews about the new homeowner lines of Stihl and Husqvarna saw's. My brother dropped a large amount on a Husqvarna two years ago and has nothing but troubles with it. I also have some recently diagnosed neuromuscular issues at 41 years of age so the lighter the better.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    The ECHO CS-2511T is the lightest gas-powered chain saw in North America. The 25.0 cc professional-grade engine delivers incredible horse power from a compact, easily maneuverable body. Other user-friendly features include a fine mesh screen to reduce debris ingestion and an adjustable oiler to match cutting conditions.

Weighs only 5.2 lbs.
    12 in. bar length handles a wide variety of limbing tasks
    Captive bar nut prevents loss when adjusting chain tension
    3/8 in. pitch, low-profile chain with extra long cutters
    This takes me back to around 1966 when I watched a guy cutting firewood with a chain saw and he was telling me how it was the latest and greatest and only small chain saw in the market at that time. If I recall correctly it had like an 18 inch bar. This was on the shore of the Columbia river in Oregon and collecting driftwood was a common thing. My wife has a 12 inch battery one which works surprisingly well.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    This takes me back to around 1966 when I watched a guy cutting firewood with a chain saw and he was telling me how it was the latest and greatest and only small chain saw in the market at that time. If I recall correctly it had like an 18 inch bar. This was on the shore of the Columbia river in Oregon and collecting driftwood was a common thing. My wife has a 12 inch battery one which works surprisingly well.
    This one is so light, I'm thinking I'll have to work out a bayonet attachment just to make liberal heads spin.

Finally, after 10.5 months in NFA jail.

Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lancaster County)

EGW makes the first ambidextrous safety design I've been interested in since King's stopped making them.
    The paddles will be reshaped a bit, but this one's going into an all-steel CCO.

egw.jpg

Page 1311 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 311811121112611301130713081309131013111312131313141315132113611411 ... LastLast