Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Nice

So technically this jog only requires use of a hand drill and a small router correct? I am assuming that it will also work with a standard mill like the guy's in the other thread are using?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Nice

So technically this jog only requires use of a hand drill and a small router correct? I am assuming that it will also work with a standard mill like the guy's in the other thread are using?
    You would need to use some sort of spacer on the mill to get the dimensions right, as this jig is designed to use a bushing that is larger than the 5/16" end mill for proper locations.

It would also be much easier to break the end mill since you wouldn't have a touch feel to see how much side force you are placing on the mill shaft through the jig.

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    You would need to use some sort of spacer on the mill to get the dimensions right, as this jig is designed to use a bushing that is larger than the 5/16" end mill for proper locations.

It would also be much easier to break the end mill since you wouldn't have a touch feel to see how much side force you are placing on the mill shaft through the jig.
    So this would be the better way to go for a guy who just has decent hand tools and no real machining skills.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    So this would be the better way to go for a guy who just has decent hand tools and no real machining skills.
    Absolutely. It should only need the ability to follow directions, and reasonably decent eye/hand coordination.

(Elk County)

Been systematically liquidating the little-used or no longer used items from the collection over the past couple years to facilitate recent purchase of something the wife's had her eye on for the same time. I've never seen her so excited about a vehicle and color since she saw the JL Wranglers debut in 2018:

Not specifically hers, but the one in the photo is identical (for the moment). Leftover late-production 2019, 3.6 V6 and 8sp auto. Took advantage of some significant factory-to-dealer incentives. A set of take-off Gladiator Rubicon wheels, Falken AT3W tires, rock rails, and a good spraying of Fluid Film are in the works over the next several weeks. that green was recently cancelled for the rest of 2020, and they only 2020 2 drs available in 150 miles were the turbocharged I-4 with "mild hybrid" featuring a big motor/generator and a 48 V battery. I did NOT want that level of complexity. Ours was the only remaining soft top V6 2 dr in that color in 150 miles.

Not sure about the "hey look at me" color, but she loves it, and whatever she loves just tickles the shit out of me.

It's our civic duty to keep this economy going . . .

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; February 21st, 2020 at 10:28 AM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Montgomery County)

Awesome ride Noah! I agree, every time I feel uneasy about dropping money I rationalize by saying - at least it's helping the economy continue to pump along...

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Awesome ride Noah! I agree, every time I feel uneasy about dropping money I rationalize by saying - at least it's helping the economy continue to pump along...
    In our case, both approaching halfway to 132, it's either a late mid-life crisis or an early late-life crisis. Either way, a crisis.

Fukkit. We only live once, and hearses don't have luggage racks or trailer hitches.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Been systematically liquidating the little-used or no longer used items from the collection over the past couple years to facilitate recent purchase of something the wife's had her eye on for the same time. I've never seen her so excited about a vehicle and color since she saw the JL Wranglers debut in 2018:

Not specifically hers, but the one in the photo is identical (for the moment). Leftover late-production 2019, 3.6 V6 and 8sp auto. Took advantage of some significant factory-to-dealer incentives. A set of take-off Gladiator Rubicon wheels, Falken AT3W tires, rock rails, and a good spraying of Fluid Film are in the works over the next several weeks.

It's our civic duty to keep this economy going . . .

Noah
    Great selection of color - gonna be easier for us to spot you guyz on the road...
    - bamboomaster

Love that color!

Now add this to the hood:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Distressed-...s/252862403736

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Cumberland County)

Great jeep - love the pimptastic look Congrats! Lift it now and add bigger tires and the hood flag
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 1486 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 486986138614361476148214831484148514861487148814891490149615361586 ... LastLast