Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

BA2wRtW.jpg Yes, those are protective wings. Here is a better pic of another one that belongs to another milsurper. It's a Civil Guard M28 in an early "ski trooper" stock (supposedly the first 6000 were this way) but actions and what not were swapped as time went on. Sig barrel, appears arsenal refinished (they did a lot of these before the winter war in 39' IIRC ), but I won't know the true shape obviously till it gets here. Doesn't appear bubba'd so I went for it. Gave $550 for it, I haven't seen one in a long time that wasn't bid into the stratosphere. Was mis listed as a Mosin Nagant SY M27.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Lancaster County)

I'm disappointed, but it's a good kind of disappointed.
    I had an urge to buy a spare HiPower to play with. I have a couple nice ones but wanted something to customize a bit. Was going to try the SFS from C&S and figured I'd install some decent sights before rust-bluing it.

Had a chance to grab this FM and decided I'd feel better about molesting it than I would an original FN. The pictures and description I'd been given suggested that it would be a good project gun.
    But it showed up today and, dammit, it may be too nice to fudge with.

Finish is virtually unmarred, sights are perfectly usable (far better than a GI 1911) and--surprisingly--the trigger is actually good. Crisp and pretty close to 5#. Considering it still has the mag safety, that came as a shock.

Bore is a little frosty so I'll take it out tomorrow to see how it shoots, but now I may need to look for another one to modify. I just hate messing with a perfectly good gun!

SlideSM.jpg

RightSM.jpg

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by OlGunner View Post
    I had an urge to buy a spare HiPower to play with. I have a couple nice ones but wanted something to customize a bit. Was going to try the SFS from C&S and figured I'd install some decent sights before rust-bluing it.

Had a chance to grab this FM and decided I'd feel better about molesting it than I would an original FN. The pictures and description I'd been given suggested that it would be a good project gun.

Finish is virtually unmarred, sights are perfectly usable (far better than a GI 1911) and--surprisingly--the trigger is actually good. Crisp and pretty close to 5#. Considering it still has the mag safety, that came as a shock.

Bore is a little frosty so I'll take it out tomorrow to see how it shoots, but now I may need to look for another one to modify. I just hate messing with a perfectly good gun!
    I have a FM M90 Detective I want to give the same upgrades. I’ll get around to it one of these days. You know, I have a mechanically sound ‘68 FN T-series that would be a candidate for tinkering. PM me if interested and I’ll send you a link to some photos.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

It was a good day today - H&K P7 and a Browning Hipower

IMG_0785.JPG

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by OlGunner View Post

SlideSM.jpg

RightSM.jpg
    Damn that is fine looking. I see your conundrum.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    It was a good day today - H&K P7 and a Browning Hipower

IMG_0785.JPG
    Dayum.
    And dayum again!

THAT is a pretty Hipower, and the P7 is a grail gun for many of us.
    Nice pistols!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post

New service road cruiser!
    Im old and that looks like pain. When I was younger I would have immediately found out how fast that could go.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Im old and that looks like pain. When I was younger I would have immediately found out how fast that could go.
    Waiting on a mechanical fuel injection to be delivered and I’ll let you know lol. I have a garage full of hot rods and Harley’s. But this little guy is just too cheap not to play with. Carb, header, intake, torque converter was $250.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Well this is certainly one of my best finds in a while. Remington Wingmaster 870 folder - Ohio National Guard Marked. Story going around mostly on AR15.com is they were made for the USMC in Viet Nam. They were shipped but never actually put in service - guys did not like the folder ? They made their way back to the Ohio National Guard. I'm told the bayonet lug is pretty hard to find and worth more than what I paid for the shotgun which was below dirt cheap Any other info. would be great if you know. Date traces to Sept. 1972.

man i missed on the folder. i grabbed a non folder. but mine's way rougher than yours. did you ever find any info out on them?

(Clearfield County)

When I bought the VR-60 I pretty much decided I didn't really need to bother getting an AK shotgun, then I happened to check the used listings of a shop I frequented before I moved

Page 1436 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 436936133613861426143214331434143514361437143814391440144614861536 ... LastLast