Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Today I ordered the sig p365 I've been drooling over since last year! Lol no pics since I don't have it yet but soon I hope!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Good info thank's for sharing. Good luck and keep us posted with the results.
    The gun was drenched in oil and obviously hadn’t been handled since it was built. I needed a mallet to remove the lower hand guard and free up the shoulder stock lock. But everything looked okay. I have a set of Beryl handguards so I put them on instead of the original woodgrain plastic ones. The Beryls look better. I limited myself to 25 and 50 yards, worrying I wouldn’t hit paper at 100; the windage is off a little and my eyes aren’t what they were.

Nice round holes. I’m satisfied that serial Y0038xx built on 7/1/2011 is a good one.

-gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Nice, clean and beautiful it is but compact it's not. That picture doesn't reflect how huge it is. It feel like a Desert Eagle and the slide release is a stretch to reach with my thumb. At my age there isn't much stuff that I leave unused as I'm going to kick one of these days so I may as well enjoy my loot. Range reports are that they are pretty accurate but that has yet to be tested...and if it doesn't stop raining someday it might be quite a while.
    Yup, HK 45s be uuuuge. I have the usp with the hk optic mount, I bought it for pin shoots. It has a big round tube red dot that you can't miss the dot in. Feels like sticking your head in a trash can compared to the current slide mounted jobs.

Glock really got the geometry of the 45 double stack right. You can tell it comparing the 30s to other makes.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Bucks County)

I picked up a 10th anniversary LCP today at Tanners, $215.
    Great bunch of guys, spent some time shooting the shit with Ray, Rob and Hawk.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I picked up a 10th anniversary LCP today at Tanners, $215.
    Great bunch of guys, spent some time shooting the shit with Ray, Rob and Hawk.
    Had to look that up.

Nice looking. Good price.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/09/rug...#axzz5oCpeIVjm

Change out the recoil spring and you'll like shooting it a lot better. I did right away...big difference.

Do yourself a favor now and order this 13-lb recoil spring from Galloway to replace the 9-pound spring. It will take a lot of recoil out and make it nice to shoot. I made these two upgrades and it went from leaving me a red palm and crappy accuracy to being confortable to shoot at the range. Takes muzzle flip out too. No-brainer upgrade for $32.50 shipped.

https://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/...r-lcp-pistols/

You HAVE to get the stainless steel guide rod if you go with the heavier spring. Galloway says the plastic rod may not hold up with the heavier spring set.

https://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/...cp-and-lcp-II/
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Had to look that up.

Nice looking. Good price.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/09/rug...#axzz5oCpeIVjm

Change out the recoil spring and you'll like shooting it a lot better. I did right away...big difference.

Do yourself a favor now and order this 13-lb recoil spring from Galloway to replace the 9-pound spring. It will take a lot of recoil out and make it nice to shoot. I made these two upgrades and it went from leaving me a red palm and crappy accuracy to being confortable to shoot at the range. Takes muzzle flip out too. No-brainer upgrade for $32.50 shipped.

https://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/...r-lcp-pistols/

You HAVE to get the stainless steel guide rod if you go with the heavier spring. Galloway says the plastic rod may not hold up with the heavier spring set.

https://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/...cp-and-lcp-II/
    Thanks... I'll upgrade the spring, but I believe it has the stainless guide rod ala the custom. Still haven't taken it apart to check. Same trigger as the custom, it's just not red.
    I did see that the reciever can use some cleaning up, machine marks are pretty obvious.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

I have a Custom. That trigger is nice. Smoother pull and wider, just feels better on the finger.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Philadelphia County)

I got a Winchester 1897 thats in riot gun configuration. Might be real, might not be. Picked it up from some random guy at Oaks yesterday. Price was okay. If its a fake, I might try engraving or stamping the stock "PROPERTY OF UNITED FRUIT CO." or "PROPERTY OF READING RR CO." or something like that. Picked up some Garand and AR ammo too

(Cumberland County)

If real very cool, if not, still cool - like the Property of United Fruit Co. idea !!!! Love those old shotguns!

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    I got a Winchester 1897 thats in riot gun configuration. Might be real, might not be. Picked it up from some random guy at Oaks yesterday. Price was okay. If its a fake, I might try engraving or stamping the stock "PROPERTY OF UNITED FRUIT CO." or "PROPERTY OF READING RR CO." or something like that. Picked up some Garand and AR ammo too

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    If real very cool, if not, still cool - like the Property of United Fruit Co. idea !!!! Love those old shotguns!
    Thanks, I thought it was pretty badass and I've had a want for a '97 Winchester for a while.

Page 1414 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 414914131413641404141014111412141314141415141614171418142414641514 ... LastLast