Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Can't pass up a deal - and holster included - lol. Taurus 66. Not a big Taurus semi fan ( except old 92 series made in the Beretta plant and 1911's ) but have never had an issue with the revolvers

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Can't pass up a deal - and holster included - lol. Taurus 66. Not a big Taurus semi fan ( except old 92 series made in the Beretta plant and 1911's ) but have never had an issue with the revolvers

What made you decide to go with a snub nose?

(Cumberland County)

Guess mine is the conceal pocket version

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    What made you decide to go with a snub nose?

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Berks County)

New summertime carry? Birthday present for myself.

Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    As I have confessed before, I am an unrepentant .32ACP slut. This time I really went slumming and bought a used Kel-Tec P-32. But this gun is actually pretty impressive. It is the only locked-breech .32 I’ve ever seen. Recoil is practically non-existent so the just-two-fingers grip works well with good control. Tiny thing, it hides easily and with eight rounds of the current ammo I’m using (see below) AND the pocket holster it weighs just 11 oz.

Today, many consider .32 ACP a borderline caliber for self-defense. That hasn’t stopped me from carrying it in the past because I loaded it with Buffalo Bore hardcast. But now Lehigh Defense has developed a new bullet that maximizes the effectiveness of .32. There’s a YouTube video on it, very impressive.

Hey that looks familiar.
    I've got two guns... One for each of ya (Doc Holiday)

(Lebanon County)

I had a negative experience with a PF-9 a number of years ago that soured me on Kel-Tec. But this one was so cheap I couldn’t resist. A much more positive experience with this Kel-Tec product.
    My PF9 has been 100% so far. Despite having other options I still carry it quite often.
    I've got two guns... One for each of ya (Doc Holiday)

As I have confessed before, I am an unrepentant .32ACP slut. This time I really went slumming and bought a used Kel-Tec P-32. But this gun is actually pretty impressive. It is the only locked-breech .32 I’ve ever seen. Recoil is practically non-existent so the just-two-fingers grip works well with good control. Tiny thing, it hides easily and with eight rounds of the current ammo I’m using (see below) AND the pocket holster it weighs just 11 oz.

Today, many consider .32 ACP a borderline caliber for self-defense. That hasn’t stopped me from carrying it in the past because I loaded it with Buffalo Bore hardcast. But now Lehigh Defense has developed a new bullet that maximizes the effectiveness of .32. There’s a YouTube video on it, very impressive.

The P32 magazine is ammo length sensitive. The Lehigh and Underwood stuff runs a little on the short side and will cause rimlock. Mine runs Fiocchi and S&B 73gr FMJ without issue all day long; though I find the more powerful S&B makes the gun snappy. I couldn't get the Lehigh to run 100% no matter how careful I was loading the mags. I'm not saying it won't run a mag completely, just that it won't do it mag after mag.

If you want to run shorter rounds, there is a rimlock fix you can try. I haven't, but others seem to have had good results.

(Berks County)

I wanted so hard to have faith in kel tec so badly. But after a take down pin that sheered off on my p32, a pmr30 that was essentially unsafe to fire from the factory, and a pf9 that would light strike half the rounds in the mag no matter the brand I had to abandon them. Not when a used g43 is $350 or when I can get a used Kahr for $175. It just doesn’t make sense to try and finesse a KT into being reliable enough to bet my life on.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    The P32 magazine is ammo length sensitive. The Lehigh and Underwood stuff runs a little on the short side and will cause rimlock. Mine runs Fiocchi and S&B 73gr FMJ without issue all day long; though I find the more powerful S&B makes the gun snappy. I couldn't get the Lehigh to run 100% no matter how careful I was loading the mags. I'm not saying it won't run a mag completely, just that it won't do it mag after mag.

If you want to run shorter rounds, there is a rimlock fix you can try. I haven't, but others seem to have had good results.
    The S&B 73gr is very good but I think Geco is the best .32 FMJ factory ammo.

FN and PMP was good stuff too when it was available.

GoldenLoki had some pretty detailed tests on .32 penetration and expansion a while back. Supposedly, he sold all his stuff and moved to Thailand.

It's still viewable via the wayback machine, but a lot of the pictures are gone.

http://web.archive.org/web/201211020...p/gel32acp.htm

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Thank you for the link. Because of the cost I’ve only run two full mags of this ammo through the pistol. Both ran flawlessly, but I take you point and will investigate the flyer wire further. I presume it must be removed if returning to loading FMJ?
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

Page 1253 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 253753115312031243124912501251125212531254125512561257126313031353 ... LastLast