Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 848 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 3487487988388448458468478488498508518528588989481348 ... LastLast
Results 8,471 to 8,480 of 16832
    (Adams County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Pair of S&W autos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lackawanna County)

I would love to build an AR someday. I'd definitely be doing it EM style...trying to only go 1/8 retard or less. I think it would be more of an academic undertaking to finish with a rifle that goes bang rather than putting together a high end build.

Until I find the time to build an AR, I'll just keep buying complete rifles. So, in keeping with the thread, I bought myself my first AK variant. I got a new Century Arms C39 V2 with walnut furniture yesterday.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I would love to build an AR someday. I'd definitely be doing it EM style...trying to only go 1/8 retard or less. I think it would be more of an academic undertaking to finish with a rifle that goes bang rather than putting together a high end build.

Until I find the time to build an AR, I'll just keep buying complete rifles. So, in keeping with the thread, I bought myself my first AK variant. I got a new Century Arms C39 V2 with walnut furniture yesterday.
    Under 30 minutes, tops.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Under 30 minutes, tops.
    Only 30 minutes if you've got all the parts and know what the Hell you're doing..neither of which do I have at the moment. There's always YouTube and the Internet to order the parts though. So, someday, it might just happen.

(Berks County)

Only 30 minutes if you've got all the parts and know what the Hell you're doing..neither of which do I have at the moment. There's always YouTube and the Internet to order the parts though. So, someday, it might just happen.
    Give me your CC # and mailing address, then bring all the parts down here upon arrival. I will pay you $5 to slap it together for you. I am bored. So 4-5 hours of driving, and 30 minutes to assemble. Sounds reasonable.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jobu07 View Post
    Pair of S&W autos.
    Sweet pair of Smiths.

(Allegheny County)

I used to be afraid of them. I hate puzzles and that's how I view that pile of parts, so I was never interested in building one.
    My first was a kit - a completed upper and a stripped lower. Someone put the lower parts kit into it for me while I watched, At that point I was still overwhelmed by it.
    Now that I've putzed around with the stuff a bit on my own, I realize it's not as complicated as I thought it was and there really aren't many special tools needed until you get to tightening the barrel. I can't think of one special tool needed for a lower. Punches are handy, but I managed with assorted small screwdrivers and other improvised tools.

My next dozen or so AR15s will probably all be built from scratch. After all, it's cheaper that way...

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I was in the same boat as you a week or two ago.. I bought the parts for the lower.. and after watching a few different YouTube Videos and pulling up a list of the parts and what goes where.. I put together my first lower while watching a video in about 1/2 hour.. it wasn't all that hard
    This is one of the ones I used and got a few good tips from it... using the razor blade for the PIVOT PIN ASSEMBLY Detent worked out well...

and this for a list of what is what..
    https://www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/
    Last edited by JDA58; January 16th, 2016 at 11:14 PM.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcrowell72 View Post
    Sweet pair of Smiths.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. Got into them relatively cheap as well - LEO trade in's.

(Lackawanna County)

Thanks for the confidence, EM.

I haven't the slightest clue how to put an AR together, but I've never feared puzzles or projects. I've always liked taking stuff apart, fixing, and putting it back together. My latest project was replacing the worm gear on my snow blower. I had no clue how to do it until I did it. The problem with the AR build is I'd prefer to not take one of my AR's apart to figure out how to put one together.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I used to be afraid of them. I hate puzzles and that's how I view that pile of parts, so I was never interested in building one.
    My first was a kit - a completed upper and a stripped lower. Someone put the lower parts kit into it for me while I watched, At that point I was still overwhelmed by it.
    Now that I've putzed around with the stuff a bit on my own, I realize it's not as complicated as I thought it was and there really aren't many special tools needed until you get to tightening the barrel. I can't think of one special tool needed for a lower. Punches are handy, but I managed with assorted small screwdrivers and other improvised tools.

My next dozen or so AR15s will probably all be built from scratch. After all, it's cheaper that way...

Page 848 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 3487487988388448458468478488498508518528588989481348 ... LastLast