Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 847 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 3477477978378438448458468478488498508518578979471347 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,470 of 16832
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

My Star Super B in "select" condition came in from AIM. Absolutely mint condition - very nice. Just have to work on getting that cosmoline off now

That 469 is amazing. Nice find

Quote Originally Posted by jcrowell72 View Post
    Well... I won another auction on GunBroker. I won this Beretta Cougar for a super price:

I was at a small gun store and saw this puppy sitting in the case. I just had to take it home...

2 mags, papers and original cardboard box. It was previously owned be a LEO and they kept it spotless. Doesn't look like it was shot much.

(Allegheny County)

Bought a Gemtech Halo today.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    My Star Super B in "select" condition came in from AIM. Absolutely mint condition - very nice. Just have to work on getting that cosmoline off now

Watch taking off the grips. They are a pain in the ass to get back on. The holes don't line up and you have to "flex" the grip to get the holes to align.

(Allegheny County)

GWACS Armory CAV-15 MKII stripped lower

My first FFL transfer purchase in about 3 years. I try to buy long guns FTF but the odds of finding one of these as a FTF sale are slim to none, so I had to bite the bullet and order one. After channeling my inner cruzans, I ordered two.

It took me nearly a full week to actually complete the order. I had one in my cart, then two, then one, then scrapped the idea, then put it back in the cart and just stewed over it for days. The "special price" of $89.95 was compelling, but money is tight. What to do, what to do?
    I crunched the numbers and saw that they only had 36 in stock with no other vendor online selling them and the manufacturer direct price being $130, so I put two in my cart. (drums fingers on keyboard) Can I afford this? Should I buy them? Crap - I hate feeling guilty for wanting to buy things. Maybe I'll just wait.

The next day a "New years" card arrived in the mail from one of my clients. Inside was a "thank you" check. DONE! Two it is!!! (click!)

Between that gift and selling some things I covered the cost without putting any money into it.

Anyway, for those who remember the Cav Arms one piece "polymer" lower, these are the current manufactured units made by GWACS Armory who bought the rights and all tooling/machinery when Cav Arms was forced to cease manufacturing them.

The sole purpose of this purchase is to facilitate a super-lightweight build - at prices I can afford.
    These are one full pound lighter than a comparable aluminum lower with tube/stock/grip.

Sorry for all the rambling. LOL! I'm pretty excited about this though!

The only real difference is the use of included proprietary takedown pins and a roll pin (not pictured) to capture the buffer detent pin/spring.

I dropped my upper onto one of the stripped lowers and inserted a mag for a reference photo.
    My only concern prior to researching these was the fixed stock. I learned that they are "A1" length with a 13" LOP - EXACTLY the LOP I have my adjustable stock set at. BEAUTUFUL!!!

Two GWACS Armory CAV-15 MKII lowers $89.95 ea at Rainier Arms (23 left at the time of this posting. Get one before cruzans buys them all!)
    $7.95 flat rate shipping
    $20 transfer covered BOTH

Last edited by Emptymag; January 16th, 2016 at 10:06 PM. Reason: info clarification
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

Damn you - now I'll have to check those out ! Congrats - nice idea. Heading to the sight now

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    GWACS Armory CAV-15 MKII

My first FFL transfer purchase in about 3 years. I try to buy long guns FTF but the odds of finding one of these as a FTF sale are slim to none, so I had to bite the bullet and order one. After channeling my inner cruzans, I ordered two.

It took me nearly a full week to actually complete the order. I had one in my cart, then two, then one, then scrapped the idea, then put it back in the cart and just stewed over it for days. The "special price" of $89.95 was compelling, but money is tight. What to do, what to do?
    I crunched the numbers and saw that they only had 36 in stock with no other vendor online selling them and the manufacturer direct price being $130, so I put two in my cart. (drums fingers on keyboard) Can I afford this? Should I buy them? Crap - I hate feeling guilty for wanting to buy things. Maybe I'll just wait.

The next day a "New years" card arrived in the mail from one of my clients. Inside was a "thank you" check. DONE! Two it is!!! (click!)

Between that gift and selling some things I covered the cost without putting any money into it.

Anyway, for those who remember the Cav Arms one piece "polymer" lower, these are the current manufactured units made by GWACS Armory who bought the rights and all tooling/machinery when Cav Arms was forced to cease manufacturing them.

The sole purpose of this purchase is to facilitate a super-lightweight build - at prices I can afford.
    These are one full pound lighter than a comparable aluminum lower with tube/stock/grip.

Sorry for all the rambling. LOL! I'm pretty excited about this though!

The only real difference is the use of included proprietary takedown pins and a roll pin (not pictured) to capture the buffer detent pin/spring.

I dropped my upper onto one of the stripped lowers and inserted a mag for a reference photo.
    My only concern prior to researching these was the fixed stock. I learned that they are "A1" length with a 13" LOP - EXACTLY the LOP I have my adjustable stock set at. BEAUTUFUL!!!

Two GWACS Armory CAV-15 MKII lowers $89.95 ea at Rainier Arms (23 left at the time of this posting. Get one before cruzans buys them all!)
    $7.95 flat rate shipping
    $20 transfer covered BOTH

(Lackawanna County)

I'm working on a lightweight build too this is what I settled on though

I cannot bring myself to do a polymer lower on anything other than pistols.
    It's a 2a armament Balios lite receiver set

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I'm working on a lightweight build too this is what I settled on though

I cannot bring myself to do a polymer lower on anything other than pistols.
    It's a 2a armament Balios lite receiver set

Yeah, I was hesitant about the material, but after researching a lot, it seems generally accepted that these CAV-15 one-piece lowers are good to go and not prone to breakage like other poly lowers due to the strength of the one-piece design. Also, they aren't "plastic" - it's some sort of polymer blend - I forget the exact composition, but it's solid. I have a New Frontier poly lower for a 22AR and it's crap in comparison from a strength standpoint.

My goal was "as light as possible" but not the way I've seen super-lightweight builds online. I don't have unlimited funds, so this fit the bill perfectly.

That's a nice set you have for sure! Good luck.
    If you run across any good deals on lightweight build parts lemme know. I have the AIM lightweight BCG bookmarked and set to be notified when back in stock. Seems the best price I could find for a lightweight BCG at $109.

(Lackawanna County)

I know of quite a few lightweight parts but how much do you want to spend? I tend to go full retard on things so you may pass out when you see what I post

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I know of quite a few lightweight parts but how much do you want to spend? I tend to go full retard on things so you may pass out when you see what I post

Heh. Yeah, I'm gonna try and keep it to 1/8 retard or less if possible.
    A poor man's lightweight. I just wanted something a little more than just a "pencil barrel", but I can't afford high-end stuff - nor would I want it for what will ultimately be a plinker for my wife.

For example, the BCG I mentioned is $109. I'm willing to spend that. I'm not spending $300 for another brand that's "better" or weighs .0003 oz. less just to have the "ultimate" lightweight.
    I have time. I can only buy a part here and there, but that's my plan.

Page 847 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 3477477978378438448458468478488498508518578979471347 ... LastLast