Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 413 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 3133634034094104114124134144154164174234635139131413 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 16832
    (Adams County)

Cool Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

My wife got me this for Christmas, and gave it to me early!

(Berks County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    single action only?
    Single, double, and halfcock.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Jefferson County)

Picked this up this morning off of Noah_Zark. H&R Self-Loading .32ACP, Second Variation.

Very minor rust speckling on the slide. It would polish out nicely. The sides of the slide are already polished to a near mirror finish and blued(factory). Its a shame that today's guns aren't polished this well before being blued. The case hardening is still very apparent on the trigger and trigger guard. Gun is tight, almost "like new" tight for a gun that is 90-99 years old.

After I get to molest it for awhile it is getting wrapped up for a Christmas present to me from Stephanie and the boy. (A portion of the Christmas funds meant for me went to buying this) So, in about 10 day's it will really be mine.

Oh, BTW - Noah is a great guy to deal with!

RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

^^^ Cool.

I didn't even know they made auto pistols!

That's more impressive than the last ten AR15s and thirty Glocks I've seen put together.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

Uzi 9 Milly-meter

Now to find a .45acp and .22lr kit for it.

And barrel shroud

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Benghazi-Kettle View Post
    Uzi 9 Milly-meter

Now to find a .45acp and .22lr kit for it.

And barrel shroud
    I want one of those, but I'd like to do the SBR route, not sure I want the long barrel.

(York County)

500 more CCI standard velocity .22LR

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Picked this up this morning off of Noah_Zark. H&R Self-Loading .32ACP, Second Variation.

Very minor rust speckling on the slide. It would polish out nicely. The sides of the slide are already polished to a near mirror finish and blued(factory). Its a shame that today's guns aren't polished this well before being blued. The case hardening is still very apparent on the trigger and trigger guard. Gun is tight, almost "like new" tight for a gun that is 90-99 years old.

After I get to molest it for awhile it is getting wrapped up for a Christmas present to me from Stephanie and the boy. (A portion of the Christmas funds meant for me went to buying this) So, in about 10 day's it will really be mine.

Oh, BTW - Noah is a great guy to deal with!

Congrats - I believe it's claim to fame is one of the first auto's? Mine has issues every now and then ejecting spent rounds - may have to change out the extractor. What do you think of the safety, always seemed counter intuitive to me with the position for on and off - lol. Enjoy!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Congrats - I believe it's claim to fame is one of the first auto's? Mine has issues every now and then ejecting spent rounds - may have to change out the extractor. What do you think of the safety, always seemed counter intuitive to me with the position for on and off - lol. Enjoy!
    The safety is kinda goofy, but when they designed and made these things there really wasn't a standard to follow.

About your ejection - remember that with these guns, the firing pin is also the ejector. If the firing pin spring is weak, or it slips over the sear too early, you might have problems.

A couple cool features are a loaded chamber indicator in such an early gun. And the magazine release/engagement. Instead of a hook or claw on the bottom of the grip, the mag is lock into place by a peg, which retracts when the button is pushed. Which when in your hand, it wont likely fall out because you hand keeps the peg from retracting. ....unlike most other Euro-type bottom releases, which mags just dropping out can be an issue.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    The safety is kinda goofy, but when they designed and made these things there really wasn't a standard to follow.

About your ejection - remember that with these guns, the firing pin is also the ejector. If the firing pin spring is weak, or it slips over the sear too early, you might have problems.

A couple cool features are a loaded chamber indicator in such an early gun. And the magazine release/engagement. Instead of a hook or claw on the bottom of the grip, the mag is lock into place by a peg, which retracts when the button is pushed. Which when in your hand, it wont likely fall out because you hand keeps the peg from retracting. ....unlike most other Euro-type bottom releases, which mags just dropping out can be an issue.
    Thanks for the tip on the ejector - I'll have to go back to schematic and study up then get the right part to replace if I decide to. Here's mine - came with nice old holster. I'm going to get the .25 version as soon as I find the right deal. Enjoy!

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 413 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 3133634034094104114124134144154164174234635139131413 ... LastLast