Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 376 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 2763263663723733743753763773783793803864264768761376 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 16832
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Picked this up today at Mahoning in Punxy.. H&R .32S&W (the short one) Hammerless. I don't think it is of the Automatic Eject series, but it does auto eject. It is also a smokeless model. $99+ tax.

Most of it should buff/polish out. I would like to get a replacement cylinder for it though. Apparently some fools were removing/turning the cylinder backwards while it was open without lifting up on the release lever - so it scored the cylinder. But overall, it is in nice shape. Tight lockup, bore is great.. ...will make me a nice pocket revolver.

knight,

Great piece. I wish it could tell us it's life story. Maybe better we don't know?! Any idea on the year of manufacture? I think it has a lot of character just as it is. Can the spots be felt if you closed your eyes? You don't think that a buff or polish job would make it look "too new"? Maybe just a rub with some good oil??

Just some thoughts. I surely don't presume to tell you how it should look or know what you like. (But please keep those nice old grips).

Again, great piece. Be sure to give a range report when you can.

fritz
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1919 View Post
    knight,

Great piece. I wish it could tell us it's life story. Maybe better we don't know?! Any idea on the year of manufacture? I think it has a lot of character just as it is. Can the spots be felt if you closed your eyes? You don't think that a buff or polish job would make it look "too new"? Maybe just a rub with some good oil??

Just some thoughts. I surely don't presume to tell you how it should look or know what you like. (But please keep those nice old grips).

Again, great piece. Be sure to give a range report when you can.

fritz
    I cant feel the spots. It looks like very small specs of rust in the flash, but in normal room lighting they just look like small black dots.

Yeah of manufacturer - I don't know. It was definitely made before 1940, which is the year H&R started their letter numbering method. I'm thinking it is a 1912 to 1930's. I'm going to have to get a blue book to positively identify the model and revision it is. The only thing certain it is a small frame hammerless.

Grips - I'm going to get some OEM replacements for it. One side appears to have been broken at one time, and fixed with something glued in. But I'll definitely be keep thing originals for posterity's sake.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lawrence County)

Finally paid this off last night, Shield in 9mm

Last edited by waiting2burn; October 31st, 2013 at 12:34 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Just figured out my new H&R... It is a second model, 5th variation. Made in 1915.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Wow man. some really nice purchases up here. Great pictures.

Here are my two new mags (pictured above) in my KRISS Vector and Glock 21, on top of my shooting jacket and with my matching boonie hat and some Oakley Factory Pilot shooting gloves.

(Bucks County)

As promised..

Only mark I could find on it was near the butt pad. Everything else looks perfect. Basically NIB, but was meticulously taken care of. Only think missing is the front sight hood. It even has the original purchase receipt from AF Boyer Hardware in Slatington, PA.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by hunterdan View Post
    As promised..

Only mark I could find on it was near the butt pad. Everything else looks perfect. Basically NIB, but was meticulously taken care of. Only think missing is the front sight hood. It even has the original purchase receipt from AF Boyer Hardware in Slatington, PA.
    Nice acquisition!

(Lackawanna County)

Earlier this week, I bought a new Gen4 Glock 23 that's made in USA. What was once a unicorn is now a part of my collection.

I took it to the range today. Tight groupings, nice trigger, great sight picture acquisition...everything one would expect from Glock. Overall a sweet addition.

I must admit, I like my FNS-40 better, but they're both great guns that I suggest to any and everyone.

(Erie County)

Have not uploaded any pics yet but just bought my first gun. Went with the Ruger SR9C to start.

Page 376 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 2763263663723733743753763773783793803864264768761376 ... LastLast