Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 179 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 791291691751761771781791801811821831892292796791179 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 16832
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

done feel like gtting the camera out right now.

got a bushnell TRS-25 for my ar.

I also picked up a riser as it was a little low to see.

NOT MY PICTURES, but its the model I picked up.

<-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

Quote Originally Posted by Logie1371 View Post
    Daniel Winkler Knife...enough said
    May I ask where you found one and how much it set you back? I love his knives and axes but I've been hesitant to drop the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Thanks, a couple of people including the people at the store told me to hit up YouTube to see a detailed break down. I was also thinking of painting the sights myself. Me personally I can make out the sights fine but I am worried about my 60 year old parents who wear glasses.
    I have terrible eyesight and very little depth perception due to a lazy eye. Changing the front sight on my 22/45 to a fiber optic made a world of difference. I currently have a HiViz but I'm thinking about replacing it with a Dawson Precision fiber sight because it's available in narrower widths; which helps with precision shots. Both work with the adjustable rear sight.

I had her in layaway since I picked up my AK back in late October, I finally got the last $230 I owed together and made a trip on Friday to pick her up. This is my first 22 pistol and my Christmas gift (My Christmas monies will be spent paying off bills, so I splurged now.), I bought it so I can afford to plink more often. The other reason I invested in one is I want to desensitizing my mother to firearms. She acts like they're concentrated evil so I wanted to break her of the habit. Oh yeah it's a Ruger Mark III 22/45 for those that don't know, my first Ruger and I love how it feels. Very weighty (I think it weighs more than my M&P 9 with an empty magazine in it) and the build quality is superb. I might upgrade the grips because I want something that fills the hands just a little better, I'd like to get a set of wood grips from the SR1911 and put it on this. I just don't know if these grip panels come off. Oh and a pleasant surprise it comes with a rail for mounting optics but it's not attached, a gunsmith will probably have to install it. Also the rail looks like a Picatinny Style rail but the groves are shallower than on my AR rifles so I don't know if a regular optic will fit on it.

My only two concerns are the break down and stock irons. With the irons they're quite visible but they don't come with painted dots, I kinda wish it did. My other concern is the breakdown/cleaning of this pistol, the place I bought it from said this is the only firearm they won't break down as it's complicated. I knew this going into the purchase but I didn't expect it to be that bad. We will see.
    Very good choice in a .22, the things are pure tough. My first was a Mk! purchased used 33 years ago and fired 100s of 1000s of times. It has never seen a shop and for the first few years never saw a cleaning worthy of the word clean. I still and always will own this gun. A few years ago I bought another for my now 15 y.o. daughter. She wanted mine when she turns 18 and well.....no freakin' way I'm giving up mine.

As for cleaning and the infamous disassembly/reassembly, it's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be. The first few times yeah, it presents a challenge. Do it a few times in a row, dedicate an hour or so going through the drill. Before long you can strip and assemble in about a minute.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Dauphin County)

Beretta 87 Cheetah, 8-shot .22LR, made in Italy in 1999.

-gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Berks County)

Bought the girl some rhinestones, earring backings, and cut down some casings for her to make some bullet jewelry.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Allegheny County)

My only two concerns are the break down and stock irons. With the irons they're quite visible but they don't come with painted dots, I kinda wish it did. My other concern is the breakdown/cleaning of this pistol, the place I bought it from said this is the only firearm they won't break down as it's complicated. I knew this going into the purchase but I didn't expect it to be that bad. We will see.
    I painted mine with bright orange acrylic hobby paint and it was wearing off after a week or two. I got a cheap bushnell red dot sight and I can hit clays at 50-75 yds even with my eyes.

(Lycoming County)

Default another toy

suomi m31 , 9mm
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ewussor View Post
    Wonderful pistol. My first pistol ever was a Mark II very much like that, except stainless. I still have it.

Mine comes apart easily without any persuasion from blunt instruments. Putting it back together can be tricky. You simply must go through the certain motions with the pistol pointed at specific angles. If you don't, it either won't go back together at all, or it won't function if it does, so function-check it once you have it reassembled. I can't describe the process in detail in words, but I got mine long before Youtube existed and the manual does explain it correctly.
    I checked out the video and the break down doesn't look so bad, it's just more involved. When I take it out this week I am just going to shoot it without breaking it down. All the firearms I got came clean and lubricated with exception of my AK which was a greasy mess. It would be nice to run a brush/patch down the barrel but can I do that from the muzzle?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I have terrible eyesight and very little depth perception due to a lazy eye. Changing the front sight on my 22/45 to a fiber optic made a world of difference. I currently have a HiViz but I'm thinking about replacing it with a Dawson Precision fiber sight because it's available in narrower widths; which helps with precision shots. Both work with the adjustable rear sight.
    I like that idea too. Do these products require a gun smith to install?

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Very good choice in a .22, the things are pure tough. My first was a Mk! purchased used 33 years ago and fired 100s of 1000s of times. It has never seen a shop and for the first few years never saw a cleaning worthy of the word clean. I still and always will own this gun. A few years ago I bought another for my now 15 y.o. daughter. She wanted mine when she turns 18 and well.....no freakin' way I'm giving up mine.

As for cleaning and the infamous disassembly/reassembly, it's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be. The first few times yeah, it presents a challenge. Do it a few times in a row, dedicate an hour or so going through the drill. Before long you can strip and assemble in about a minute.
    Thanks, the Mark III has a great reputation so I knew I made the right choice. Now how often would you say your Mark pistols get cleaned? After how many rounds. With my 22 rifle I just put a little oil on the BCG every few hundred rounds and give it a full break down after 1200 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleDriver View Post
    I painted mine with bright orange acrylic hobby paint and it was wearing off after a week or two. I got a cheap bushnell red dot sight and I can hit clays at 50-75 yds even with my eyes.
    I like that idea too, I just have to get my rail mounted by a gunsmith. Mine came with the rail but not attached. Truthfully though when that day comes I will probably get another 22 pistol so I can still shoot irons. I like shooting with irons too.

(Chester County)

Got my 4 surplus egyptian maadi mags from AIM. All in very good condition. They dont look like they were ever issued! The paint has a gritty finish to it, but they are functioning. No rust, and a only a little bit of cosmo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "All we have is a temporary bill of privileges" - George Carlin

Page 179 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 791291691751761771781791801811821831892292796791179 ... LastLast