Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Nice looking case, is that their Urban warfare model?
    Yes it is, od green, it seems durable and well built.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Dauphin County)

Earlier I mentioned the Stevens .22 rifle I recently got from my brother that we had back on the farm. The other one is a Savage Sporter Model 23B, a bolt action chambered in .25-20, serial 37xxx, which I believe makes it date to about 1925. The Sporter model is a little unusual in that the receiver and barrel are a single forging. It has a replacement stock that was never completely finished; I sort of recall a conversation with my dad where he said the gun had been in a fire in the farmhouse on his first farm back in the 40s. It lacked a magazine and suffered from light strikes. So I disassembled it and think I found the solution to the light strike problem: a mangled mainspring in the bolt. Numrich carries most of the parts for this old model Sporter, and I got new main and trigger springs, a reproduction magazine, and the rear magazine catch, which was not in the rifle. The catch and mag wouldn’t fit in the mortise in the stock, another indication that the stock was never finished, so some woodworking was required. Everything went back together, now I’m waiting for a dry day to go to the club and see if it shoots better than it did when I was a teenager back in the Johnson administration, probably the last time anyone fired it. Randy at Mech Ord got me a box of NOS ammo at a better price than i expected.

-gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    Earlier I mentioned the Stevens .22 rifle I recently got from my brother that we had back on the farm. The other one is a Savage Sporter Model 23B, a bolt action chambered in .25-20, serial 37xxx, which I believe makes it date to about 1925. The Sporter model is a little unusual in that the receiver and barrel are a single forging. It has a replacement stock that was never completely finished; I sort of recall a conversation with my dad where he said the gun had been in a fire in the farmhouse on his first farm back in the 40s. It lacked a magazine and suffered from light strikes. So I disassembled it and think I found the solution to the light strike problem: a mangled mainspring in the bolt. Numrich carries most of the parts for this old model Sporter, and I got new main and trigger springs, a reproduction magazine, and the rear magazine catch, which was not in the rifle. The catch and mag wouldn’t fit in the mortise in the stock, another indication that the stock was never finished, so some woodworking was required. Everything went back together, now I’m waiting for a dry day to go to the club and see if it shoots better than it did when I was a teenager back in the Johnson administration, probably the last time anyone fired it. Randy at Mech Ord got me a box of NOS ammo at a better price than i expected.
    I have a complete Savage Sporter in .22 (23AA?) and another just the barrel and trigger in a homemade stock. They are indeed an interesting design with the one piece receiver/barrel arrangement. The older one has a Utica NY address which is a plant they closed in 1946. Neat guns.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Cumberland County)

I will not let knives become a second addiction - lol. Got a nice deal on this Kalashnikov Boker Plus. Not the greatest knife I know, but I like it I bought a Kershaw launch 4 w/damascus blade about a year ago, then a launch 10 a few months ago so figured I'd try this one now. Great little pocket knives.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I've been buying a ton of stuff from Gander Outdoor's closing...I almost can't quit. Their stuff is almost all gone. I wish I had bought a few more items. This is the only thing I have a photo of--the Aimpoint PRO. I also bought a pair of Wiley WX Saint glasses for shooting, Gerber multitool, Gerber fixed blade knife, a folding knife, sharpening stones, ammo, scope rings, bipod, and some parts for my firearms. Almost forgot, I finally got a pretty decent spotting scope with a nice tripod. Wish I would have bought a Trijicon 1-4 and a few other items--but, it's too late now. My friend bought the FN 509 Tactical the day I was going to go there and buy it...he said he'll sell it to me though.

Attachment 124719
    Attachment 124720
    I was looking for that 509 tac also.

(Delaware County)

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Allegheny County)

Benelli M3 with Mesa Tactical Urbino stock, A&S Engineering trigger guard, GG&G extended bolt release, FFT extended bolt handle, Benelli mag tube extension, and some oversized safety.

It's running great in semi auto mode. But pump mode seems to be double feeding.

(Northumberland County)

I picked up a traditions buck skinnier flintlock. I shot it today. It's ready for flintlock season.
    IMG_7797_d1450.jpg
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

(Cumberland County)

I'm a sucker for Gen 1 and 2 Glock's Picked up this nice 1990 gen 2 for a good price today. Came with original everything including sales receipt and transfer form from the day

Last edited by cruzans; December 23rd, 2019 at 03:22 PM.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Berks County)

So the case has a Glock 17 sticker on the outside but the Pistol is a glock 19.... I know you have way more Firearms knowledge then but curious if you are sure everything is Original?
    FWIW, Gen2 Glock 19 was my first pistol I ever bought and Still have it

[QUOTE=cruzans;4110763]I'm a sucker for Gen 1 and 2 Glock's Picked up this nice 1990 gen 2 for a good price today. Came with original everything including sales receipt and transfer form from the day

Page 1467 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 467967136714171457146314641465146614671468146914701471147715171567 ... LastLast