Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Shout out to Smithgall's Pharmacy (and guns) in Lancaster. They have a fantastic inventory, and even had aero precision lowers in FDE cerakote at online sale prices. On top of that, the price included a quick background check and there's no shipping. Today was my first visit, but I'll be back!

I picked up an older PTR 91 from an estate sale (CT made). I was excited to add an old HK wooden stock kit I found online in AZ and didn't do due diligence: apparently the Magpul PRS model had a shorter handguard than every other HK clone made. I'm not sure what the solution is - a new barrel & gas block, hack the HK handguard to fit, sell the gun or the wood furniture, or maybe just buy another PTR91.

As a side note, can anyone tell me more about this flash hider that came with it (suppressor?)? I've never seen anything like it.

Attachment 120798
    Delete post, quit posting, hide in basement and contact good lawyer toot sweet.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Dauphin County)

Italian police surplus. 1980 Beretta 81, 7.65mm. 12 rounds, DA/SA, ambi frame mounted safety, can be carried Condition 1. This is one of the batch being sold by Classic. Discrete PW Arms import mark on trigger guard. Excellent condition, all I found when I took it apart was some crud on the grip screw heads (they had not been off for quite awhile), and a small patch of rash (surface rust) on the magazine. The rest was just dusty. Feed ramp appears unused. Loves me a .32.

Range trip tomorrow.

-gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Cumberland County)

Was that you at shop today - dummy me, should have put 2+2 together. Nice pickup!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    Italian police surplus. 1980 Beretta 81, 7.65mm. 12 rounds, DA/SA, ambi frame mounted safety, can be carried Condition 1. This is one of the batch being sold by Classic. Discrete PW Arms import mark on trigger guard. Excellent condition, all I found when I took it apart was some crud on the grip screw heads (they had not been off for quite awhile), and a small patch of rash (surface rust) on the magazine. The rest was just dusty. Feed ramp appears unused. Loves me a .32.

Range trip tomorrow.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

How can I resist a Glock 34 at a silly low price just because it's distressed flag slide. Me likey And a nice Springfield 1898 to put next to my 1884 to keep her company, equally nice price

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Was that you at shop today - dummy me, should have put 2+2 together. Nice pickup!
    Not I. This came from Classic, I used a shop over here in Harrisburg to do the transfer.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post

Range trip tomorrow.

Got the same thing just about, 1980 manufacture, some dust and dry as a bone. Mine cleaned up nicely and shot well. I don't believe it was ever shot or carried much.

2 of these anodized aluminum mag base plates for my new .40 (will order a matching slide back plate and extended takedown lever). I'll probably do a similar scheme on my 9mm that will keep them similar but different

also picked up:
    200 - .223
    200 - .40
    100 - .38
    and a Butler Creek mag loader (it really sucks, don't buy one)

psalm.jpg

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Shout out to Smithgall's Pharmacy (and guns) in Lancaster. They have a fantastic inventory, and even had aero precision lowers in FDE cerakote at online sale prices. On top of that, the price included a quick background check and there's no shipping. Today was my first visit, but I'll be back!

I picked up an older PTR 91 from an estate sale (CT made). I was excited to add an old HK wooden stock kit I found online in AZ and didn't do due diligence: apparently the Magpul PRS model had a shorter handguard than every other HK clone made. I'm not sure what the solution is - a new barrel & gas block, hack the HK handguard to fit, sell the gun or the wood furniture, or maybe just buy another PTR91.

As a side note, can anyone tell me more about this flash hider that came with it (suppressor?)? I've never seen anything like it.

Attachment 120798

Attachment 120797
    Very good people over there ... Ive got to see if they have any more of the cases of 556 for $275.00 Picked up an M5 lower from them a month ago great price and great people.

(Lancaster County)

Yet another photo that won't F'ing upload for literally no reason
    Last edited by HKusp 45; August 30th, 2019 at 10:18 PM. Reason: some freaking photos just won't upload god dammit

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Yet another photo that won't F'ing upload for literally no reason
    HK - watch your picture size, I think 1.3MB is the largest you can upload. I usually have to send phone photos to my laptop and scale them down, or upload to a hosting site like postimage.org and link.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 1442 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 442942134213921432143814391440144114421443144414451446145214921542 ... LastLast