Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    No, but when did all these companies start charging tax over state lines on internet orders? I sure didn't consent to that!
    july to be specific it's a PA requirement

(Wayne County)

Here is the mis listed GB score - Finn M28 refurb with the earlier twin cut stock.

Mangrove on the gunboards tracked the original Civil Gurard number back to the Kuolemajärvi (literally "Death Lake") Civil Guard in Viipuri Civil Guard District.
    Last edited by Splittiebus66; August 8th, 2019 at 11:10 PM.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Washington County)

I bought myself a personal laptop so I can do things like get active on this forum again! PAFOA has been blocked on my work laptop for about a year and a half and I never hop on forums on my phone so now I can get back to it.

One of the more recent things I did was finishing my new AO semi-auto 1927A1 Thompson SBR build (Allegheny Arms in Bethel Park had the experience and tools to swap the barrel for me). Functions great, though I did have to machine a new replacement for the take down button at the back of the receiver because the provided one from AO was undersized and allowed the receiver to wiggle back and forth more than I liked.

Here I am at a 2019 Memorial Day parade rocking the Thompson, some mismatched uniform items, and my 63 Jeep.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

You should come to the group shoot on Saturday and bring that Thompson!

Reenactment clothing/vehicles optional.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Washington County)

I would like to, that was the first thing I looked at when I logged on! Right now I am getting my current house ready to sell and packing up to move to a new place, so I don't think it will be possible to make this one, unfortunately.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Philadelphia County)

Picked up this Mossberg 590A1 from Tanners' used section. I prefer the 870 over the 500/590 but for $200 I figured what the hell. I was shotgun-less anyways.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I bought myself a personal laptop so I can do things like get active on this forum again! PAFOA has been blocked on my work laptop for about a year and a half and I never hop on forums on my phone so now I can get back to it.

One of the more recent things I did was finishing my new AO semi-auto 1927A1 Thompson SBR build (Allegheny Arms in Bethel Park had the experience and tools to swap the barrel for me). Functions great, though I did have to machine a new replacement for the take down button at the back of the receiver because the provided one from AO was undersized and allowed the receiver to wiggle back and forth more than I liked.

Here I am at a 2019 Memorial Day parade rocking the Thompson, some mismatched uniform items, and my 63 Jeep.

Very cool gun, always like the Thompson.

Good to see you back on the forum.

(Dauphin County)

Another toy, another Kel-Tec. Sub 2000 9mm multi-mag folding carbine. Blowback action, 16” barrel, folds in half. Previous owner (a pafoa member) set it up for M&P mags; Kel-Tec sells a half-dozen kinds of mag catches. My double-stack 9s are Walther and SIG; Kel-Tec doesn’t do Walther, so I will be running P226 magazines in it. And it’s been around long enough to have a bunch of baubles and bolt-ons for it. And with its threaded barrel I see a can in its future.A really cool bang-stick.

-gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Philadelphia County)

Got a Kimber Stainless II. Hopefully its an older example. Traded a Springfield 1911 torwards this one. Tossed the rosewood grips on it to replace the black rubber panels that came with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    Another toy, another Kel-Tec. Sub 2000 9mm multi-mag folding carbine. Blowback action, 16” barrel, folds in half. Previous owner (a pafoa member) set it up for M&P mags; Kel-Tec sells a half-dozen kinds of mag catches. My double-stack 9s are Walther and SIG; Kel-Tec doesn’t do Walther, so I will be running P226 magazines in it. And it’s been around long enough to have a bunch of baubles and bolt-ons for it. And with its threaded barrel I see a can in its future.A really cool bang-stick.

Congrats. Mrs Ronin has a Sub2k setup for M&P mags. She also has catches for Sig P226 and Beretta mags. Highly recommend all of MCARBO's parts for the Sub2k. I've installed pretty much everything except for their butt pad and red dot mount. Their trigger kit is a drastic improvement over stock. Can't say enough good things about their stuff, in general.

Also, quick note - keep a spare charging handle in your range bag. The double ones have a tendency to break at the most inopportune time. Even the bigger, fatter, Sumo handles will break. The stock handle works, but is difficult to charge the gun easily, but if your other one breaks, you have it so you can keep using the rifle.
    Last edited by Ronin; August 18th, 2019 at 11:13 PM.

Page 1439 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 439939133913891429143514361437143814391440144114421443144914891539 ... LastLast