Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    I enjoy my PS90 too....and also thought about going the SBR route. I did waaayyy too much internet searching on that...and have decided to hold off. I may revisit at some point....but always think of what my Dad drilled into my head..."if there's any doubt...the answer is "no".
    Whats stopping you from going the SBR route ? efile times are now taking 2 weeks. This is the time if ever to do it.
    common sense is a mf

(Bucks County)

2 weeks? I had no idea times has gotten that short. Damn. It's not long ago I finished my Thompson SBR and that took 7 months. I actually spoke with the 'smith that did the barrel swap on the Tommy about doing my PS90.

Awhile back, I was doing way too much reading on line about the pros and cons of SBR'ing a PS90. I don't remember the cost, but I seem to recall some folks writing about some cons in doing this. If memory serves (and your milage may vary) deceased accuracy at longer distances, louder, reduced velocity, forward hand much closer to the end of the barrel...are what come to mind, That all being said, I know the PS90 was originally designed as a SBR.

Thinking out loud, I'm guessing you'd have the $200 stamp, and another few hundred to get the barrel modified/replaced/installed. I'm gonna have to research this again.

OK..but really....down to 2 weeks for a tax stamp?
    Last edited by MattMPA; March 19th, 2019 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    I don't remember the cost, but I seem to recall some folks writing about some cons in doing this. If memory serves (and your milage may vary) deceased accuracy at longer distances, louder, reduced velocity, forward hand much closer to the end of the barrel...are what come to mind, That all being said, I know the PS90 was originally designed as a SBR.

Thinking out loud, I'm guessing you'd have the $200 stamp, and another few hundred to get the barrel modified/replaced/installed. I'm gonna have to research this again.

OK..but really....down to 2 weeks for a tax stamp?
    Historically, the main supposed gotcha with the PS90 -> SBR was that the chrome lining on the barrel meant that it was supposed to be difficult to cut and still maintain accuracy since the chrome lining could "flake". Mark McWillis from trosusa.com became known for doing the PS90 SBR conversions and when I looked into this before I never remember hearing any complaints about his work.

To me, it's a lot like the UZI carbine. It's supposed to be short. If it weren't going to be short, I'd use a real rifle caliber. Chop it and suppress it if you want to drop the noise. But that's just my opinion.

I'm glad to see 2 weeks for e-file, but snail mail is still SLO-O-W.
    I am not a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Historically, the main supposed gotcha with the PS90 -> SBR was that the chrome lining on the barrel meant that it was supposed to be difficult to cut and still maintain accuracy since the chrome lining could "flake". Mark McWillis from trosusa.com became known for doing the PS90 SBR conversions and when I looked into this before I never remember hearing any complaints about his work.

To me, it's a lot like the UZI carbine. It's supposed to be short. If it weren't going to be short, I'd use a real rifle caliber. Chop it and suppress it if you want to drop the noise. But that's just my opinion.

I'm glad to see 2 weeks for e-file, but snail mail is still SLO-O-W.
    It's also supposed to have a happy switch, but it doesn't, sadly. I actually like the longer barrel. The gun is still very compact for HD use, and accurate out to long ranges. I don't see any benefit to shortening the barrel other than to have something that looks like a P90. It's louder and you lose velocity. Adding a can to quiet it down, defeats the purpose of cutting the barrel in the first place. Also, 5.7x28 doesn't suppress very well. Unless you shoot expensive sub sonic rounds, you'll need a fairly large can to suppress it to hearing safe levels.

(Chester County)

Yesterday, I picked this solid Ruger Security-six .357 up from my local FFL. It has a few minor scars and flaws but, for $380 all in, no complaints. I must have been a very good boy lately since the seller and my FFL both gave me great deals on the shipping and transfer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    Yesterday, I picked this solid Ruger Security-six .357 up from my local FFL. It has a few minor scars and flaws but, for $380 all in, no complaints. I must have been a very good boy lately since the seller and my FFL both gave me great deals on the shipping and transfer.
    Nice find at a really good price. Been looking for one forever and a day. I hate you.

(Cumberland County)

Love seeing the brown truck arrive on camera's mid day $7.99 a box and free shipping when you buy 20 at Palmetto. Decent deal - can never have too much 9mm...…..

give me directions to nearest gas station
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Dauphin County)

Another accessory for the scooter. Givi 46 liter top case with built-in stoplight LEDs.

-gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Bucks County)

You can never have too many brake lights on the back of a motorcycle!

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    Another accessory for the scooter. Givi 46 liter top case with built-in stoplight LEDs.

Had one without the lights on my Reflex, adds a huge amount of utility to a maxi scoot.

Page 1396 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 396896129613461386139213931394139513961397139813991400140614461496 ... LastLast