Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1360 of 1366 FirstFirst ... 360860126013101350135613571358135913601361136213631364 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,600 of 13652
  1. #13591
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Welfaristan., Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,558
    Rep Power
    15609988

    Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

    decent shape too.


    im done with silly rifles and sticking to the handguns only of that period. so many bizarre designs .
    Wacky D is not a rapper, Wacky D is an entertainer !

  2. #13592
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Capital 'Burbs, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    5724119

    Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

    Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    decent shape too.


    im done with silly rifles and sticking to the handguns only of that period. so many bizarre designs .
    My preference as well. Much more variety and uniqueness.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

  3. #13593
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    4,883
    Rep Power
    15402298

    Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

    That's awesome! I have a baby Frommer Stop and have always wanted the "full size". Mine is in great shape but never re-chambers a round - have never been able to figure out why Let us know if you shoot it! Congrats....

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    I just completed the agreement to purchase this Frommer Stop pistol from a fellow collector in western PA. Made in 1921 by FEG in Budapest, the design dates to 1912. It was issued to Austrian, Hungarian, and German military units during WWI and became the standard Hungarian police and military sidearm after the war. It was made up to 1929. It is certainly the weirdest .32 pistol I own, or that was ever put into mass production. It uses a rotating bolt locked breech long-recoil action, similar to the Auto 5 shotgun and the Remington Model 8/81 rifle. There were a few earlier pistols that used long recoil but it is generally felt the design is way too complex for a pistol and certainly for one chambered in .32 or .380. I like weird.

    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

  4. #13594
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Welfaristan., Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,558
    Rep Power
    15609988

    Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    My preference as well. Much more variety and uniqueness.
    it's amazing some of these designs even work safely when you examine them up close.
    If it wasn't for videos like C&Rsenal's I'd be scared to death to take some of them apart.


    hopefully after christmas things will pop up when people need $$$.
    Wacky D is not a rapper, Wacky D is an entertainer !

  5. #13595
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Middle of PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,803
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    I just completed the agreement to purchase this Frommer Stop pistol from a fellow collector in western PA. Made in 1921 by FEG in Budapest, the design dates to 1912. It was issued to Austrian, Hungarian, and German military units during WWI and became the standard Hungarian police and military sidearm after the war. It was made up to 1929. It is certainly the weirdest .32 pistol I own, or that was ever put into mass production. It uses a rotating bolt locked breech long-recoil action, similar to the Auto 5 shotgun and the Remington Model 8/81 rifle. There were a few earlier pistols that used long recoil but it is generally felt the design is way too complex for a pistol and certainly for one chambered in .32 or .380. I like weird.

    Who gets to test fire it?
    Psalms 73:26

  6. #13596
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    1,789
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Who gets to test fire it?
    I always let my friends shoot something like that first.
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine.

  7. #13597
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Reading-ish, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

    Someone's been busy with Black Friday / Cyber Monday specials.
    The folks at American Express will love me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

  8. #13598
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Capital 'Burbs, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    5724119

    Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Who gets to test fire it?
    Me!! Me!!

    I test fire every gun I buy after disassembling and inspecting it. I may not shoot all of them all the time but everything I own does shoot safely. The original ammo for this gun was a hotter load than standard .32 Auto so the first rounds through it will be some of my weaker ammo like PPU just to be cautious.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

  9. #13599
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

    Quote Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
    Someone's been busy with Black Friday / Cyber Monday specials.
    The folks at American Express will love me
    I hear a classic Chevy crying in the background though. Guess another delay is in order?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

  10. #13600
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Reading-ish, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

    Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    I hear a classic Chevy crying in the background though. Guess another delay is in order?
    Yes, indefinite delay. The next step is body shop, in which i need several thousand dollars cash saved up and ready to go for the body man. I expect another year until i have that cash set aside.
    But i have a plan. I currently have a good amount of stock of an Argentinian Bank, which I expect the stock price to double within a year, as the country starts to come out of recession. So Impala body money is currently parked there, with hopes of compounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

Page 1360 of 1366 FirstFirst ... 360860126013101350135613571358135913601361136213631364 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LTCF Photo: NOT a 'passport photo'
    By Al-Mumit in forum General
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: February 12th, 2013, 08:51 PM
  2. D-day remembered, milsurps photo thread
    By nattcmars in forum General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 1st, 2009, 01:13 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: August 8th, 2008, 01:00 AM
  4. SHOOT #7 Photo Thread!!!!!!!
    By SharpShooter88 in forum General
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: September 15th, 2007, 06:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops