Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I feel a little dirty, maybe a little dumb (can't claim ignorance), but I ordered a Remington product today. (My first and only Remington gun)

I felt the need want to have a .308 rifle. Aside from my AR's in .223/.300 I have a Marlin 30-30(pre-Freedom Group) and a Ruger Precision in .243

Not much left in my piggy bank so I wanted a low cost .308 bolt gun. My criteria were ~16" threaded barrel with medium or heavy profile. Preferably one with a scope rail already installed. I already have rings and a scope for it. I also have a .30 cal suppressor which is why I want a shorter barrel.

The Ruger American Predator was given a hard look, but it has a 18" barrel that I think is a stretch to call heavy as Ruger does.

Savage makes a 16.5" Axis II that isn't in their catalog but it is for sale as an exclusive with certain retailers.

Remington of course makes a 16.5" 700 with a hogue stock but it was out of my price range and I think I would have opted to just get a Savage 10 FCP with 20" threaded barrel for roughly the same price.

So long story short I chose this- Remington 783 .308 $370 shipped

It has over sized bolt knob, picatinny rail, and a notched barrel nut like Savage used to use. I'm not crazy about the stock, and will probably look at doing some DIY mods to it. The molded sling attachment points are really disappointing. I'm not sure a Harris bi-pod will even attach to those.

Funny because Ruger used to list the Predator as a medium profile CHF barrel which it is. Niw they describe it as a “Heavier” profile barrel which is true as it’s heavier then the standard American but not a heavy barrel which is what drew me to it.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Funny because Ruger used to list the Predator as a medium profile CHF barrel which it is. Niw they describe it as a “Heavier” profile barrel which is true as it’s heavier then the standard American but not a heavy barrel which is what drew me to it.
    My cautionary comments about present day Remington products aside, I'm actually pretty excited about punching some holes with it. I was thinking that the only thing I had to buy for it was a QD mount for my suppressor but I actually think I already have one (I just have to find it.)

I will probably do a 100 yard review, good or bad.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpyingling22 View Post
    must be you shooting at mosquito creek sportsman's right now.
    Yes, but it didn't do as well as I hoped

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    My cautionary comments about present day Remington products aside, I'm actually pretty excited about punching some holes with it. I was thinking that the only thing I had to buy for it was a QD mount for my suppressor but I actually think I already have one (I just have to find it.)

I will probably do a 100 yard review, good or bad.
    Sounds cool.
    What optics are you going to mount? My Predator is all set up but sadly I’ve yet to get it all sighted in and accuracy tested at 100 yards which needs to happen soon if I’m going to hunt with it this year.

(Wayne County)

500 rounds of 9mm Luger 115 grain FMJ...practice ammo...kids have the 22s and rifles down pretty good, time to up their game on the pistol side.
    Oh, at $0.20 per round...not too bad.

DSCN3054.JPG
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Chester County)

I got a diet BCG from AIM Surplus, can't wait to break it in this weekend.

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve been running one in my three gunnrifle for awhile now. Very pleased with it

I finally found a source for L1A1 inch pattern magazines. apexgunparts.com

(Bucks County)

I'd been looking on-line and in shops, trying to decide which blued, wood gripped revolver might be "the one".

A 586 was out as I have a 686. I was thinking about a Smith 29, I figure I'd likely not shoot it much with the cost of 44 ammo. Maybe a Smith 27? Ruger GP100? A local shop had a stainless GP100 and I really liked the trigger...but it wasn't blued.

I saw a pic on-line of a GP100 Lipseys edition....but it seemed that they were out of stock anywhere I checked. Today, I stopped at The Bunker and there was the Lipsey GP100. It's a 5" .357 with gold bead front sight, walnut grips, half lug. The trigger feels great.

I should add, a nice transaction there today. Nice folks...helpful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MattMPA; August 24th, 2018 at 11:11 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Recently picked up this antique Balkan rod and am slowly cleaning out about 120 years of grime from the bore.

Page 1333 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 333833123312831323132913301331133213331334133513361337134313831433 ... LastLast