Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1321 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 3218211221127113111317131813191320132113221323 LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,210 of 13226
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Very nice! That should be real quiet with sub sonic rounds.
    I've got a box of CCI Sub HP to test your theory tomorrow night, and I'm giddy with excitement. I suppose I have to start my first Form 1 soon...
    Rimfire Hobbyist -- Ruger 10/22 Takedown * Ruger Mk III 22/45 * Marlin Model 25

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by V-MAN View Post

Vism Sight Pusher - Not the best quality tool but it did work.
    I bought the same sight pusher about 6 months ago and it's worked perfectly so far installing 3 sets of sights. Not bad considering it's half or a third the price of the competition.

(Lancaster County)

I love 2nd hand deals.
    Last weekend, I found a 1911 I forgot I owned (gun show deal years ago that I really didn't need but couldn't pass up). A 70's-80's style custom built on a '53 Sistema Colt frame. Nice pistol for what it is, but it was in a box at the back of a safe I rarely use.

Once I checked my records and verified I actually owned the thing, I figured I should get it some leather.
    Found this lightly-used Galco for a third of its "new" cost and the guy threw in the Bianchi mag pouch.
    I like the holster because it can be worn strong side or cross-draw.

Incidentally, if any of you happen to talk to my wife, NO--the fact that I can't remember every single gun I own does NOT mean I have too many.
    Thank you.

galcoa.jpg galcob.jpg

Wish I could forget about guns.

I wonder if Cruzans knows how many he owns.
    My wife sells stun guns and pepper spray! PM me for info!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Wish I could forget about guns.

I wonder if Cruzans knows how many he owns.
    I was wondering if he has any heirs and if he needs one.
    If at first you don't succeed try a different angle.

(Cumberland County)

Funny guys. My wife bitches every now and then about what will she do with them all after I die. First of all, thanks for your assurance that I will kick before you, and second, everyone should have problems like how do I sell all this stuff and get a lot of money. Poor girl
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Will there at least be a Going Out of Business Sale before you leave?

Tell the wife to pick out her favorite 100 guns to keep for herself and the rest can be sold to your friends at PAFOA for a good price.
    My wife sells stun guns and pepper spray! PM me for info!

POCONO MOUNTAINS, PENNSYLVANIA, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)

GLOCK 19,GEN 5,with nite sites, and four magazines box and accessories,backstraps USED ! About time I walked into a deal as it was being sold to the store,Excellent price as always from Wallenpaupack Sports in Hawley Pa.Came with a new Glock Holster also,TY Mark ! Round count less than 50 rounds !

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Funny guys. My wife bitches every now and then about what will she do with them all after I die. First of all, thanks for your assurance that I will kick before you, and second, everyone should have problems like how do I sell all this stuff and get a lot of money. Poor girl
    My wife has asked the same question. I've told her I really don't care, I'll be dead. family members can have what they want. The rest can go to auction.

For many years my daughter said she is keeping all of them. Over the past year or two reality has sank in that it may be more than she would know how to maintain.

Now every time I see a large gun auction at Haar's I'm going to wonder if it's your guns!

(Chester County)

I've been really reluctant to share this information until I bought every reloading component I needed for the rest of my life.

So, without fan-fare, here's the link: http://www.shootersproshop.com/?mc_c...eid=b0fd6b45d7

While they do have some stuff at regular prices stuffed into their listings, I think of it more as a tactical effort to direct you to their "overruns", "4th of July discounts", and "24 hour sales".

Where I shop is the "overruns" - mostly by Nosler. Nothing wrong so far with any of the bullets and about 1/3rd of the normal and customary retail price for the same item - no matter where you shop (at least for what I purchased there anyways).

Most recent purchase was for a dozen boxes of .416 Rigby solids (400 gr) made by Nosler. The caliber has been around for over 100 years, much like the .45 ACP. Basically for African water buffalo and such. These are normally packaged in boxes of 25, but the "mislabeled" box said 50. Right size box, wrong label saying "50", right count of 25 - which is all you can fit in it.

Just in case you've never seen a .416 Rigby, here's the cartridge size compared to others (the bone-crunching solid is the one on the far left):

Cartridge size comparison.1.jpg

Depending on how you reload the cartridge, the .416 Rigby produces around 5240 ft. lbs. of energy at the muzzle.

Yeah, I know the .45-70 on the far right has a crack in the case - just one of those things that we discovered in our QC process - we'll pull the bullet, dump the powder, deprime the case, and then recycle the brass.
    Last edited by bamboomaster; July 12th, 2018 at 03:26 PM.
    - bamboomaster

Page 1321 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 3218211221127113111317131813191320132113221323 LastLast