Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Paid $399 - not a crazy deal, but I thought a deal non the less seeing it is an early model and was in pristine shape

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Great deal you fell onto.How much for the DW 15 ?
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Hey Gonzo - here's a nice 32 - I know how much you love them - and a Llama ! Just popped up on GB for a pretty good price for a 1955 in great shape. You won't be able to buy it though, someone else already did

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Westmoreland County)

I bought this a few weeks ago. Has been sitting in my basement waiting for me to do some stock repairs. A previous owner neglected this and I've been cleaning up the rust. I just need to fix the butt of the stock so it will accept a butt plate screw. Surprisingly, the bore wasn't rusted. As you can see on the photo, the wood separated and the hole is now too large for the butt plate screw. The rifle is an M91. Stock is a Chatellerault made stock--older style with the cut out for the shorter cleaning rod. It's possible the stock is original to the rifle. I think the butt plate may also have been a Chatellerault. It was badly rusted and I may not be able to use it on the rifle.

Thursday afternoon a Colt AR-15 walked into the local gun shop. It walked to a new home on Friday. It needs a good scrubbing, but that isn't a big issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    As you can see on the photo, the wood separated and the hole is now too large for the butt plate screw.
    You have your work cut out for you. IDK if you already have a plan for the stock hole. I have had great succsess with wood glue and a dowel pins. While it was never on a gun stock it should work. You can even stain the repair, that may never be seen. Stay away from the real hard pins they are harder to drill out. I have used this for door frame repairs. Hasnt failed yet.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I bought this a few weeks ago. Has been sitting in my basement waiting for me to do some stock repairs. A previous owner neglected this and I've been cleaning up the rust. I just need to fix the butt of the stock so it will accept a butt plate screw. Surprisingly, the bore wasn't rusted. As you can see on the photo, the wood separated and the hole is now too large for the butt plate screw. The rifle is an M91. Stock is a Chatellerault made stock--older style with the cut out for the shorter cleaning rod. It's possible the stock is original to the rifle. I think the butt plate may also have been a Chatellerault. It was badly rusted and I may not be able to use it on the rifle.

The quick and easy fix for an oversized buttplate screw is to cut a small strip of leather and stick it in the hole, then install the screw as normal, if it still doesn't bite use a bigger piece of leather.

(Perry County)

Hit buy-it-now on three Mega Arms monolithic uppers. One for 7.62 and two for 5.56.

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Dauphin County)

Missed it. I’ve been focused on earlier stuff, totally missed it. Nice catch. Let me know if you ever decide to sell it on.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Hey Gonzo - here's a nice 32 - I know how much you love them - and a Llama ! Just popped up on GB for a pretty good price for a 1955 in great shape. You won't be able to buy it though, someone else already did

-gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Washington County)

Pick up a Ruger EC9S today along with a and extra 9 count mag. Feels good in the hand. I’m liking it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez226 View Post
    Pick up a Ruger EC9S today along with a and extra 9 count mag. Feels good in the hand. I’m liking it.

Yours may be broken, it looks like it's been milled upside down.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Washington County)

lol Yea I Don't know why it did that. It was fine when I uoloaded it from my phone. Now looking at it on the computer its not.
    If the Internet says it, then it must be true.

Page 1265 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 265765116512151255126112621263126412651266126712681269127513151365 ... LastLast