Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1235 of 1235 FirstFirst ... 23573511351185122512311232123312341235
Results 12,341 to 12,349 of 12349
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Bought some ammo from Sportsmansguide. The package got lost at Fed Ex in Ohio (I later found out the label got separated from the box). Dealing with customer service representatives was a nightmare. When I reported a lost package, the one Fed Ex rep somehow translated 420 rounds of Federal XM855 .223 ammo, and 300 rounds of Malaysian Surplus .308 into "paper". I spoke with another (apparently more intelligent rep) at Fed Ex, and she was able to correctly update the description of the package contents. After some time had passed, Sportsmansguide shipped out a replacement order free of charge (They offered free return shipping of that ammo if Fed Ex found the original package). Fed Ex did find the package, placed a new label on the package, and resumed shipment to my residence. Both packages arrived today. One package had an extra 300 rounds of Malaysian surplus. I was just going to purchase the ammo that Sportsmansguide had sent as a replacement for my previously lost package. I was also going to return the mistake that Sportsmansguide made (the extra 300 rounds of ammo). The customer service guide at Sportsmansguide could not wrap their head around this simple concept. So, I'm returning the extra ammo. It was too difficult to get the customer service rep to comprehend that I wanted to be charged for the ammo they sent, and wanted a return label for the extra 300 rounds that they sent. Perhaps I'll return the ammo they sent, and just place another order for the same amount I'm returning. Seems crazy, but it is so much easier than dealing with customer service representatives who have no listening skills.
    Last edited by Cville; November 22nd, 2017 at 11:04 PM.

(Lehigh County)

I would give them another try, maybe ask for a supervisor. Just like your first FedEx call went no where, and the second was better.
    Last edited by gghbi; November 22nd, 2017 at 11:19 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Bought some ammo from Sportsmansguide. The package got lost at Fed Ex in Ohio (I later found out the label got separated from the box). Dealing with customer service representatives was a nightmare. When I reported a lost package, the one Fed Ex rep somehow translated 420 rounds of Federal XM855 .223 ammo, and 300 rounds of Malaysian Surplus .308 into "paper". I spoke with another (apparently more intelligent rep) at Fed Ex, and she was able to correctly update the description of the package contents. After some time had passed, Sportsmansguide shipped out a replacement order free of charge (They offered free return shipping of that ammo if Fed Ex found the original package). Fed Ex did find the package, placed a new label on the package, and resumed shipment to my residence. Both packages arrived today. One package had an extra 300 rounds of Malaysian surplus. I was just going to purchase the ammo that Sportsmansguide had sent as a replacement for my previously lost package. I was also going to return the mistake that Sportsmansguide made (the extra 300 rounds of ammo). The customer service guide at Sportsmansguide could not wrap their head around this simple concept. So, I'm returning the extra ammo. It was too difficult to get the customer service rep to comprehend that I wanted to be charged for the ammo they sent, and wanted a return label for the extra 300 rounds that they sent. Perhaps I'll return the ammo they sent, and just place another order for the same amount I'm returning. Seems crazy, but it is so much easier than dealing with customer service representatives who have no listening skills.
    You know what you get for trying to be honest with a dipshit?

A headache.

Good karma for you, hopefully the idiot customer rep learns a new trade.
    No participation trophies 'round here...

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    I would give them another try, maybe ask for a supervisor. Just like your first call went no where, and the second was better.
    After I typed this, I thought "I should have asked to speak with a different representative". I was kind of trying to do them a favor since they shipped the replacement ammo for free. I'll use the ammo eventually, so I thought "I may as well just buy it". The Federal ammo has a mail in rebate that requires a receipt of purchase. My original receipt must have gotten lost at the Fed Ex terminal when the package was "lost". I asked the rep for a receipt too which she never sent via email. I'll try giving them a call on Friday. Maybe I'll have better luck. There really is no sense in returning it as it was cheap and I'll eventually use it all.

(Lehigh County)

Just to remind you, black Friday is probably not the best time to call unless this department is different from the order takers.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Lycoming County)

Not fancy or anything, but I couldn't pass this up at lgs. Virginian Dragoon in 44mag for $252 out the door. How can you walk away from a $250 44mag.

(Lancaster County)

^^Case hardened Virginian goodness. Enjoy. ^^
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Doing the right thing and being honest is not always easy.
    Sometimes it is downright thankless.
    But right is right.
    And doing right by others is the only thing that allows us to expect that right be done to us in return.
    Well done.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Cumberland County)

You are correct, can't walk away from that deal. Nice gun. Congrats !

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Not fancy or anything, but I couldn't pass this up at lgs. Virginian Dragoon in 44mag for $252 out the door. How can you walk away from a $250 44mag.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 1235 of 1235 FirstFirst ... 23573511351185122512311232123312341235