Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Picked up a spam can of Russian snacks for $100.

23659188_10212780976712538_2575307424859949030_n.jpg

(Westmoreland County)

I bought another Finnish Mosin. I won this from an online auction. Thankfully, this one went under the radar as I didn't have to fight others for bids. The rifle just arrived today. 1938 Tula 91/30 in a Finnish stock with a Finnish modified globe sight. I'm not sure why the Finns removed the top half. Some people stated theories, but I don't think any of the theories were documented--just theories. The bore is in really good shape. I haven't cleaned it, so it looks a little dirty in the photo. But the rifling has nice edges and there is no pitting.

(Philadelphia County)

Got a brand new Beretta 92FS from Tanner's Black Friday sale. Made in Italy too. So much nicer than the beat to hell M9s I got when I was in the Navy.

(Dauphin County)

One of my unicorns: 1977 SIG P230 chambered in 9mm Police. Commercial proofs, no importer markings, no export markings either. Mechanically excellent, obvious signs of carry and use.

-gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Lebanon County)

Had $200 in Cabelas gift cards from some of my hotel stays while travelling for work, it's on sale for $299, have 5% military discount, $50 instant Cabelas gift card and $50 mail in rebate to S&W equals free gun to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've got two guns... One for each of ya (Doc Holiday)

(Philadelphia County)

^Best price ever!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Westmoreland County)

Bought some ammo from Sportsmansguide. The package got lost at Fed Ex in Ohio (I later found out the label got separated from the box). Dealing with customer service representatives was a nightmare. When I reported a lost package, the one Fed Ex rep somehow translated 420 rounds of Federal XM855 .223 ammo, and 300 rounds of Malaysian Surplus .308 into "paper". I spoke with another (apparently more intelligent rep) at Fed Ex, and she was able to correctly update the description of the package contents. After some time had passed, Sportsmansguide shipped out a replacement order free of charge (They offered free return shipping of that ammo if Fed Ex found the original package). Fed Ex did find the package, placed a new label on the package, and resumed shipment to my residence. Both packages arrived today. One package had an extra 300 rounds of Malaysian surplus. I was just going to purchase the ammo that Sportsmansguide had sent as a replacement for my previously lost package. I was also going to return the mistake that Sportsmansguide made (the extra 300 rounds of ammo). The customer service guide at Sportsmansguide could not wrap their head around this simple concept. So, I'm returning the extra ammo. It was too difficult to get the customer service rep to comprehend that I wanted to be charged for the ammo they sent, and wanted a return label for the extra 300 rounds that they sent. Perhaps I'll return the ammo they sent, and just place another order for the same amount I'm returning. Seems crazy, but it is so much easier than dealing with customer service representatives who have no listening skills.
    Last edited by Cville; November 22nd, 2017 at 11:04 PM.

(Lehigh County)

I would give them another try, maybe ask for a supervisor. Just like your first FedEx call went no where, and the second was better.
    Last edited by gghbi; November 22nd, 2017 at 11:19 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Bought some ammo from Sportsmansguide. The package got lost at Fed Ex in Ohio (I later found out the label got separated from the box). Dealing with customer service representatives was a nightmare. When I reported a lost package, the one Fed Ex rep somehow translated 420 rounds of Federal XM855 .223 ammo, and 300 rounds of Malaysian Surplus .308 into "paper". I spoke with another (apparently more intelligent rep) at Fed Ex, and she was able to correctly update the description of the package contents. After some time had passed, Sportsmansguide shipped out a replacement order free of charge (They offered free return shipping of that ammo if Fed Ex found the original package). Fed Ex did find the package, placed a new label on the package, and resumed shipment to my residence. Both packages arrived today. One package had an extra 300 rounds of Malaysian surplus. I was just going to purchase the ammo that Sportsmansguide had sent as a replacement for my previously lost package. I was also going to return the mistake that Sportsmansguide made (the extra 300 rounds of ammo). The customer service guide at Sportsmansguide could not wrap their head around this simple concept. So, I'm returning the extra ammo. It was too difficult to get the customer service rep to comprehend that I wanted to be charged for the ammo they sent, and wanted a return label for the extra 300 rounds that they sent. Perhaps I'll return the ammo they sent, and just place another order for the same amount I'm returning. Seems crazy, but it is so much easier than dealing with customer service representatives who have no listening skills.
    You know what you get for trying to be honest with a dipshit?

A headache.

Good karma for you, hopefully the idiot customer rep learns a new trade.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    I would give them another try, maybe ask for a supervisor. Just like your first call went no where, and the second was better.
    After I typed this, I thought "I should have asked to speak with a different representative". I was kind of trying to do them a favor since they shipped the replacement ammo for free. I'll use the ammo eventually, so I thought "I may as well just buy it". The Federal ammo has a mail in rebate that requires a receipt of purchase. My original receipt must have gotten lost at the Fed Ex terminal when the package was "lost". I asked the rep for a receipt too which she never sent via email. I'll try giving them a call on Friday. Maybe I'll have better luck. There really is no sense in returning it as it was cheap and I'll eventually use it all.

Page 1232 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 232732113211821222122812291230123112321233123412351236124212821332 ... LastLast