Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

For anyone wanting a CMP stock without the CMP logo, they used to be made for the CMP by Dupage.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    My range recently became a CMP Affiliated range, so I got my chance to order a M1 Garand for myself. Total time from submitting application to receiving it the mail was about 14 days, which is pretty amazing turn-around time. Oddly enough there are no clips, figured I would get one or two with it, so just ordered 10 of them. Very excited.. haven't bought a gun for my personal collection for a while.
    Not sure if I'm preaching to the choir here.
    The CMP generally sells cases of pre-clipped 30-06 ammo.
    If you are going to load your own clips, you are going to want to use the under-powered 30-06 ammo sold for the Garand.
    If you use standard 30-06 ammo, you will need to modify the buffer.
    There is plenty of info posted out there about this.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Not sure if I'm preaching to the choir here.
    The CMP generally sells cases of pre-clipped 30-06 ammo.
    If you are going to load your own clips, you are going to want to use the under-powered 30-06 ammo sold for the Garand.
    If you use standard 30-06 ammo, you will need to modify the buffer.
    There is plenty of info posted out there about this.
    Always good to point this out.
    For anyone searching Garand info who might happen upon this thread.

Running commercial hunting ammo in a Garand is asking for heartbreak.

(Cumberland County)

Just remembered. My clip and manual were under the foam in the case. Did you pull up the foam and check?

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    My range recently became a CMP Affiliated range, so I got my chance to order a M1 Garand for myself. Total time from submitting application to receiving it the mail was about 14 days, which is pretty amazing turn-around time. Oddly enough there are no clips, figured I would get one or two with it, so just ordered 10 of them. Very excited.. haven't bought a gun for my personal collection for a while.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Just remembered. My clip and manual were under the foam in the case. Did you pull up the foam and check?
    HAHA - Thank you sir !! Found it just where you said it would be.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Washington County)

Odd you didn't get a clip, mine came the other day and had one included? They are pumping them out so fast, probably forgot ! Like you mentioned, the speed in which CMP is shipping is unprecedented ! They must have added some non government workers to the mix - lol. They have a small batch of 308's in now, and I saw on the CMP forum that field grade Winchester's are coming next. So far, my Garand is the only one I've seen posted with an old stock. Yours looks like one of the newer CMP stocks - I'm no pro though. Looks really nice - congrats!
    It's a Winchester Repeating Arms Co. M1 Garand (WRA) manufactured in April, 1944.

Very happy with it. I already ordered and received 20 boxes of ammo from CMP, not pre-clipped.

Thanks for the info about ammo, always good to repeat stuff like that.

Wish it had an original stock, but for the price of $930, I'm very happy to own this piece of history. It will not be a safe queen and will be at the range most weekends and I plan on using it for the 1,000 yard shoot on Aug 12th.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Cumberland County)

I step in gd deals too much! Visited my shop again today to sit a couple hours and chat, and low and behold - several deals not out for sale yet just for me - lol. I decided to go with this Mak-90 with softcase, drum, 3 regular mags, scope and bag-o-ammo Again, too low a price to post for fear of ridicule, but let's just say think of value and divide by 2+ or so -- lol. Damn deals !!!

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

maybe we should force cruzans to become a deal finder and just pay him a fee.
    then he can put us in contact with desired items at desired prices and earn $ for it.

*grumblegrumblegrumble*
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Cumberland County)

God knows I love my Llama's. I have many, but have never seen a Llama I come up for sale - thought I would never get one. Well, last week one came up on Gunbroker, and the seller did not know what he had and just listed it as a military I-A, and didn't even note that it was Geco marked ! Gun had some light surface rust which I can fix no issue. Advertised with two mags and what appears to be an original German/Nazi holster. I've been sweating it out for a week - I even emailed him early on and asked if he would consider ending auction with an offer. He gave me a polite no which I told him I totally understood. One other guy finally bid on it, and he was a dealer so I thought I was screwed. I waited until last minute and threw my bid in and won, well below what it is worth - so happy ( I know, no one else gives two shits about Llama's - but to get this Geco marked original Model 1 in 7.65 is a huge win for me

Last edited by cruzans; July 30th, 2017 at 07:12 PM. Reason: holster and mag pic
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clearfield County)

I step in gd deals too much! Visited my shop again today to sit a couple hours and chat, and low and behold - several deals not out for sale yet just for me - lol. I decided to go with this Mak-90 with softcase, drum, 3 regular mags, scope and bag-o-ammo Again, too low a price to post for fear of ridicule, but let's just say think of value and divide by 2+ or so -- lol. Damn deals !!!

Damn, that's a 100 round drum too.

Page 1183 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 1836831083113311731179118011811182118311841185118611871193123312831683 ... LastLast