Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Wow, Noah. Just WOW!!!!
    My thoughts exactly, Noah.
    Beautiful rifle.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

My 357 Mag lever gun has the (deceased) original owner's social security number written on the stock under the butt pad.
    Is it worth more?

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    My 357 Mag lever gun has the (deceased) original owner's social security number written on the stock under the butt pad.
    Is it worth more?

Yes, you can use that number to open up multiple fake credit accounts. And then it's worth free room and board at any of our fine SCIs.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    That is a cool addition to your collection. I agree the provenance makes that a much more attractive buy. I hope to come across something with that type of story attached some day.
    Now iif that happened today, what is the chance the finder would get to keep it? Especially in PRMD.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Cumberland County)

I'll give you $1 more than your other bids. I agree, you find the best stuff. Very unique - congrats !

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Lucky bastard, let me know when you want to get rid of it.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Is it worth more?

Sure it is, when you also add one of these to it:

Call it a Natzy captured ultra rare one of a kind prototype .38 caliber lever action mountain rifle issued to elite troops airdropped into the northern wilds of Russia...

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    I get the feeling that he's worked himself into position, that cool shit finds him.
    This was brought out when I came in the door.
    The owner said "hey, I've got something neat that's right up you alley, I know it's for you"

Contrary to how internet chat sometimes comes out, I am a pretty decent guy especially when it comes to talking guns.
    Years of doing gun shows both as a seller and buyer as well as having many friends who know what I like who tip me off during their travels or who give someone my number helps immensely.
    I wish I had Cruzans funding capabilities, then I'd have some really great shit that I simply cannot afford or at least justify.

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    That is a cool addition to your collection. I agree the provenance makes that a much more attractive buy. I hope to come across something with that type of story attached some day.
    Thanks, I love the oddities that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Now iif that happened today, what is the chance the finder would get to keep it? Especially in PRMD.
    The woman would have been arrested for being in possession of a handgun without the proper papers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I'll give you $1 more than your other bids. I agree, you find the best stuff. Very unique - congrats !
    Not for sale, but thanks, that's a compliment for sure coming from our resident purchaser at large.

I just found out a guy I sold a few of my guns to during my divorce is going to be selling some off due to unemployment, he's offered them back to me for what I sold them for as we kinda agreed on at the time.
    He lost my number but knew my favorite shop, he called and talked to the owner, gave the owner a description of me and that I had two girls in tow when I sold them to him, and the owner knew right away who I was and let me know the guy was looking for me.
    I talked to him and am buying a few back, I insisted I give him a little extra since I'm in the position to do so and since the particular guns have increased in value in the last five years.
    He halfheartedly put up a fight, but finally agreed.
    After doing so he offered me a Garand he has at a very good price.
    Karma, it's not always a bitch.

Last year I sold one of my FN FALO's, I had a member here give me shit about it, dogged me, crawfished and then became outright rude when I wouldn't drive 6 hours to meet him after I lowered my price hundreds of dollars.
    I sold it on Gunbroker, he actually was stalking the auction and sent me a message afterward "laughing" that i didn't get what I wanted for it.
    OK, fine.
    Now I'm thinking about selling the other one, had that guy not been such a dick, I'd have sent him a PM and offered first dibs, but now he can bite me.
    Karma, I make it be a bitch.

(Bucks County)

Picked up a Bushnell trs-25 from Cabela's. Price was good, plus having a few gift cards made it an easy decision. Using it to replace the 3-9 redfield I had on my AR.

(Lycoming County)

Bought this Friday but just got around to writing this (and getting back to the forum today..)
    I got a Beretta APX, in their .40 S&W package. 15+1, and feels really good in my hand and at the range. It's a little Glocky, but the Glocks just didn't fit as comfortably in my hands as this did. But my lack of range time over the past 3 years that I've been at college was quite apparent.. My groupings were nice, just, not really on the target..

Oh, and this is my very first handgun purchase.

(Cumberland County)

Congrats on your first handgun purchase - careful - it can be addictive Let us know how you like it !

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTrooper View Post
    Bought this Friday but just got around to writing this (and getting back to the forum today..)
    I got a Beretta APX, in their .40 S&W package. 15+1, and feels really good in my hand and at the range. It's a little Glocky, but the Glocks just didn't fit as comfortably in my hands as this did. But my lack of range time over the past 3 years that I've been at college was quite apparent.. My groupings were nice, just, not really on the target..

Oh, and this is my very first handgun purchase.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 1173 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 1736731073112311631169117011711172117311741175117611771183122312731673 ... LastLast