Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

$199! Wow very cool

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    $199! Wow very cool
    Indeed. Po folk no longer be stuck choosing a lowly Hi-Point as their only affordable choice of handgun!

I'm just shocked that so many people had not heard about the $75 rebate (that ran April 1 to June 30) and the $275 sale price at PSA for the last several weeks.
    The 45ACP version could be had for $250 (but that one wasn't free shipping, so add $17)

Glad I caught it. Missed out when they went "out of stock", but they became available a day or two later.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Indiana County)

That goofy trigger turned me off to buying one.
    Picked up that Sig 290 from a member instead.

Let us know how you like it.

(Butler County)

New rosewood grip for my Dan Wesson 15. Clearance, so i had to... I hate the lumpy rubber cowboy grip on it now.
    Another pic coming after i receive it and put it on. Meanwhile,

439112.jpg
    Last edited by FJW; June 30th, 2017 at 11:22 PM.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    That goofy trigger turned me off to buying one.
    Picked up that Sig 290 from a member instead.

Let us know how you like it.
    I hate smith and Wesson triggers. I have never pulled one that I liked. Only thing that held me back from getting on the band wagon.

(Allegheny County)

If I ever need to shoot someone in an effort to save a life I doubt I'll notice the trigger much.

That's how I look at it.
    That and it was $199.99. LOL!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    If I ever need to shoot someone in an effort to save a life I doubt I'll notice the trigger much.

That's how I look at it.
    That and it was $199.99. LOL!
    I'm not suggesting it's not a good deal, just that the split trigger is goofy.
    You do shoot your guns don't you?
    I was asking that you give your opinion after shooting it, because well I don't consider you a fanboi like some other posters 'round here and figured you'd give an honest opinion.

But ok.

(Allegheny County)

I was asking that you give your opinion after shooting it, because well I don't consider you a fanboi like some other posters 'round here and figured you'd give an honest opinion.

But ok.
    Yes, I'll give an honest opinion for sure.
    When I was researching them before getting my credit card out, I thought the trigger was goofy too.

Initial impression is that the tactile feel of the trigger itself - not the "motion" - is that it feels wide and smooth the way I like a trigger.
    It feels better than that sharp-edged trigger on my Glock with that stupid tab that protrudes through the face against your finger.
    The "hinge" motion of the split trigger doesn't have as much movement as I had expected and it's barely notable when pressing the trigger.
    The MOTION of the trigger traveling rearward feels a bit shitty - the Glock trigger is much smoother - but not as comfortable.
    Reset is not as distinct, but there is a small "click". Reviews I saw led me to believe it was non-existent.

Hoping to shoot it Saturday or Sunday.

(Butler County)

But ok.
    I don't know if I'm considered one of the "fanbois"; I do post about my Shield regularly here because it's my EDC.
    I always kind of shrugged at the trigger but generally don't notice or think about it much. It does the job with no complaints after about 600 rounds.

For me, Shield's appeal is in its balance of concealability, ergonomics, durability, accuracy, firepower, handling, etc...

In the hours before finally I bought mine I had carefully held and checked over several other contenders, of which XDs, PX4, and Bersa BP9cc were closest on my "like" list to Shield. At the time, Shield was going for about $369 minimum at all the LGS's, so when I saw one on Gunbroker for $257 I went for it. No regrets!

If I buy another 9mm I'll go for one with more firepower but I know I'll make some compromises over Shield's concealability. On my list, with more firepower in mind, PX4 would have been the runner-up. With concealability it would have been XDs or the BPcc. The BPcc's trigger was too easy to pull and it had no safety, but I thought it handled the same or even vetter than Shield. I the end it was a balance of features weighed against the price which made Shield the winner.

I still think my "arsenal" lacks a hi-capacity combat 9mm. My Arcus Hi-power is the only weapon I have which fits that description, but it's heavy and is single-action. So my next semi-auto will probably be higher cap and more combat-ready than Shield, but lighter and more modern than my Arcus. That said, PX4 is high on the list, as is M&P9, Canik TP9, CZ75 or Tristar C100, or maybe Bersa's full-sized Pro model. You get the idea. (And Glock is not my cup of tea, obviously. ). I'll probably end up choosing from the short list based on price, just as I did with Shield when searching for the ultimate CCW.
    Last edited by FJW; July 1st, 2017 at 03:28 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Indeed. Po folk no longer be stuck choosing a lowly Hi-Point as their only affordable choice of handgun!

I'm just shocked that so many people had not heard about the $75 rebate (that ran April 1 to June 30) and the $275 sale price at PSA for the last several weeks.
    The 45ACP version could be had for $250 (but that one wasn't free shipping, so add $17)

Glad I caught it. Missed out when they went "out of stock", but they became available a day or two later.
    Now will the shield be frowned on as a cheap gun like the hi-point? After all it's a $199 gun.

Do you think long term value of used shields have to be $150?

Can I honestly claim $199 shield or must I cost average across all shields owned?

I really don't notice the hinged trigger. I don't notice the glock blade either. I do notice striker triggers on polymer frame guns are shitty and the trigger on 1911's is the best, most perfect design ever. IMHO.

Page 1165 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 1656651065111511551161116211631164116511661167116811691175121512651665 ... LastLast