Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

A consignment at my LGS. I couldn't just leave it there! As I've noted before, I am an unrepentant .32 slut, so it is hard for me to let unusual examples slip away. This is a MAB Modèle C, commonly called the 'CD'. French, striker-fired, 7.65mm, 9-shot magazine. A close copy of the FN1910 with some good simplifications, and I think a much better-feeling grip. From 1950-1964 MAB mated the barrel and slide of their small Modèle C with the frame of the larger Modèle D. It was available in .32 and .380. This one is early, a Western Arms import, but I haven't yet figured out the year of production. Mechanically excellent, all main components are stamped with the last two digits of the serial number, and match. The bluing is mostly gone on the slide, and even in some places under the grips, so it may be an initial factory bluing problem rather than wear or some chemical damage.

Range trip soon. The sights are rudimentary, the trigger is just a basic bang button, so I'm not expecting too much from it. But it's still kinda cool. Vive la France!

-gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    A S&W Mod. 64. It was $250. I couldn't pass this up for that price.

That's a great find! I would have bought it for that price with no hesitation. Congrats on the new addition.

(Cumberland County)

You almost didn't get that - I was going to get it with the Honor Guard but showed some self control - lol. Glad I passed and you were able to get it - it went to a good home

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    A consignment at my LGS. I couldn't just leave it there! As I've noted before, I am an unrepentant .32 slut, so it is hard for me to let unusual examples slip away. This is a MAB Modèle C, commonly called the 'CD'. French, striker-fired, 7.65mm, 9-shot magazine. A close copy of the FN1910 with some good simplifications, and I think a much better-feeling grip. From 1950-1964 MAB mated the barrel and slide of their small Modèle C with the frame of the larger Modèle D. It was available in .32 and .380. This one is early, a Western Arms import, but I haven't yet figured out the year of production. Mechanically excellent, all main components are stamped with the last two digits of the serial number, and match. The bluing is mostly gone on the slide, and even in some places under the grips, so it may be an initial factory bluing problem rather than wear or some chemical damage.

Range trip soon. The sights are rudimentary, the trigger is just a basic bang button, so I'm not expecting too much from it. But it's still kinda cool. Vive la France!

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    You almost didn't get that - I was going to get it with the Honor Guard but showed some self control - lol. Glad I passed and you were able to get it - it went to a good home

As soon as Randy posted the photo on FB I sent him a PM to hold it for me until I could arrange for a boat to cross the river. I think it will be a fun piece.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    A S&W Mod. 64. It was $250. I couldn't pass this up for that price.

That's a damned steal. Great revolver to tune and play with!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post

Interesting pistol! Can't say I've ever touch one of those, but I got to play with a lot of wonderful toys in the Navy and one was a MAB P15. Next to the Sig P226, the MAB was my favorite 9mm--really a very good sidearm. If that same quality of design is reflected in the Modele C, I'm sure you'll enjoy that little thing!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by OlGunner View Post
    That's a damned steal. Great revolver to tune and play with!
    I don't need to tune anything with it. Both the SA and DA triggers are broken in and very nice. Only thing to do now is replace those Goodyear tire grips with something else.

(Allegheny County)

7.62x39 AR15 BCG from APOC Armory

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Taccom Ultra Lightweight Recoil system.
    1.2 oz carbine buffer set and 10% reduced power stainless buffer spring
    (for lightweight 5.56 carbine build)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Clearfield County)

FINALLY, A gun for those who want to self-harm but don't like cleaning up blood

Page 1154 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 1546541054110411441150115111521153115411551156115711581164120412541654 ... LastLast