Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Now I know I don't have a picture, so please don't bust my balls again. I need help in the picture department!

Today I bought a WWII U.S. marked Remington Rand 1911 A1, in a private deal. I paid $500. My FFL said it is all correct and even with some minor finish issues should be worth about $1500 to $1800. It is my first 1911. I bought two extra mags for it. With the transfer and mags the grand total was $545 out the door.
    Go to tinypic.com
    Upload your pic, up will pop a box with various links to copy, pick the one that says Message Boards. (it will be the one with [IMG] tags)
    Paste the link here and the

You can adjust the display size as well, I have mine set to 17" screen.

Bought 36' of new pre lighted garland for indoor/outdoor usage.

(Philadelphia County)

Was in the neighborhood yesterday so I stopped in Tanner's to see if they had anything in the used case that interested me. I immediately saw a HK P2000sk. About a minute later, I was doing paperwork. It's in .357 Sig and came with 4 mags and an HK .40 S&W barrel. Night sights are obviously pretty dim, but overall it's in pretty good condition. Not bad for $500.

Last edited by PHLJJS; December 3rd, 2016 at 07:51 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Now I know I don't have a picture, so please don't bust my balls again. I need help in the picture department!

Today I bought a WWII U.S. marked Remington Rand 1911 A1, in a private deal. I paid $500. My FFL said it is all correct and even with some minor finish issues should be worth about $1500 to $1800. It is my first 1911. I bought two extra mags for it. With the transfer and mags the grand total was $545 out the door.
    You know of course, that without pictures, it did not happen, follow Flathead's instructions so we can see too! BTW the robbery detail is looking for you because that was a steal, but you already know that. <<jealous>>

(Cumberland County)

Picked up my WWI/II Colt 1911 today - and while there, they had these "Tactical Sporks" on the hook. Cool stocking stuffer for $6.95 - lol.

(Allegheny County)

Two more huge boxes appeared yesterday. I couldn't ignore the $10.70 price tag.
    (no idea why they wouldn't place two cases in one box - they do both fit without smooshing)

I can't believe these haven't sold out yet.

My review with link here.

While I was at it I tossed in a Ergo "Never Quit" magwell grip for my AR15 pistol. Been wanting to try one but waited til I was ordering something else instead of paying shipping on one item.
    I don't typically use a mag well hold, but it just feels natural with the short pistol. I don't like the appearance of the "finger groove" Mako grip so I tried this one.
    It fits perfectly and isn't bulky, but it gives you just a little more area to get your hand on. Rubbery so it's quite "grippy".

I'll take some pics of it installed and post it in my pistol pic thread tomorrow.
    Last edited by Emptymag; December 3rd, 2016 at 09:25 PM.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

A bill and change, how could I say no .......................

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Two more huge boxes appeared yesterday. I couldn't ignore the $10.70 price tag.
    (no idea why they wouldn't place two cases in one box - they do both fit without smooshing)

I can't believe these haven't sold out yet.

My review with link here.

While I was at it I tossed in a Ergo "Never Quit" magwell grip for my AR15 pistol. Been wanting to try one but waited til I was ordering something else instead of paying shipping on one item.
    I don't typically use a mag well hold, but it just feels natural with the short pistol. I don't like the appearance of the "finger groove" Mako grip so I tried this one.
    It fits perfectly and isn't bulky, but it gives you just a little more area to get your hand on. Rubbery so it's quite "grippy".

I'll take some pics of it installed and post it in my pistol pic thread tomorrow.
    Do these cases smell like burnt motor oil mixed with dried dog shit?

Yes I'm being serious.
    I bought two of the Midway tactical cases and they smelled so bad I wouldn't keep them in the house.
    The ones I bought had stiff padding.
    I tried letting them air out for a week in the garage and still they stunk like shit.
    Finally used Simple Green and hot water and then once dried a bottle of Febreeze.

Are these ok?

(Berks County)

BT46-LW17 PSR Atlas Bipod: Standard height with ADM 170-S Lever

Sadly it will be quite a while before I can test it out, but looking forward to that day.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Do these cases smell like burnt motor oil mixed with dried dog shit?

Yes I'm being serious.
    I bought two of the Midway tactical cases and they smelled so bad I wouldn't keep them in the house.
    The ones I bought had stiff padding.
    I tried letting them air out for a week in the garage and still they stunk like shit.
    Finally used Simple Green and hot water and then once dried a bottle of Febreeze.

Are these ok?
    LOL
    No stink as far as I'm concerned. I think my wife would had had me move them from the dining room pronto if they smelled.
    She's sensitive to stuff like that. Can't be near the automotive department in Walmart because of the smell of tires. Hates the smell of gun cleaners - even the nice-smelling Weapon Shield.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1056 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 56556956100610461052105310541055105610571058105910601066110611561556 ... LastLast