Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Delaware resident with Florida non res permit

I will be traveling to upstate pa this week and want to insure I am legal. I do not have a delaware permit, but have a florida non-res. I looked up floridas website and found

(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

It sounds like that means that a non-res permit will not be honored, but all the intructors tell you go get florida so you can carry in PA

Default Re: Delaware resident with Florida non res permit

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    I will be traveling to upstate pa this week and want to insure I am legal. I do not have a delaware permit, but have a florida non-res. I looked up floridas website and found

(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

It sounds like that means that a non-res permit will not be honored, but all the intructors tell you go get florida so you can carry in PA
    You're fine in PA. As for Florida -- it is interesting that a state that issues so many licenses to non-resident doesn't recognize them from other states.

Yep. Florida is recognized in PA. You should be good to go.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Bucks County)

Non-resident permits are not honored IN FL. In PA your fine.

But I gotta ask...your FL permit does you no good in DE either...what do you do in your home state? Just OC?

I allways though (not sure why) that you could not get a conceiled carry permit, untill your home state issues..

?? what you say?
    I talk jibberoush. pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by justsayno View Post
    I allways though (not sure why) that you could not get a conceiled carry permit, untill your home state issues..

?? what you say?
    PA will not issue a LTCF to anyone who does not have a similar document from their home state, if that does issue such a permit/license.

(Lancaster County)

Lemme guess, the Delaware requirement of putting your name in the paper for two weeks deters one from getting a DE license?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Lemme guess, the Delaware requirement of putting your name in the paper for two weeks deters one from getting a DE license?
    Perhaps it's the 6-12 month processing time...?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Non-resident permits are not honored IN FL. In PA your fine.

But I gotta ask...your FL permit does you no good in DE either...what do you do in your home state? Just OC?
    Delaware honors non-resident permits, so why is his Non-resident Florida permit not good in Fla.? What's the legalities about that, must he have a Delaware permit if he is a resident?
    The answer to a fool is silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    Delaware honors non-resident permits, so why is his Non-resident Florida permit not good in Fla.? What's the legalities about that, must he have a Delaware permit if he is a resident?
    I assume you mean DE in the part I bolded. DE has a law that says if you're a resident of DE you must have a DE permit in order to carry, or something to that effect. Other states that are recognized in DE, like FL and AZ are not valid if you're a DE resident with no DE permit.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast