Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default West End Fair 2011

Anyone heading down? Been there already?

I'll probably head down some time today. I love the fresh made lemonade

Keep alert, the shit heads tend to push alot of drugs and muggings have happened in the past, and will continue unfortunately. Also make sure your cars are locked up and windows rolled up, lots of vehicle break ins.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Default Re: West End Fair 2011

the wife and I will be heading there tonight. I work with someone in the Demo Derby, so were going to check that out.

does anyone know if they have a policy on firearms posted on the fair grounds? I dont remember seeing one, but I also dont remember looking last year.

I tagged along with a friend and his family yesterday. We both paid the geezer rate. (It isn't hard to get old. It just takes a long time.) Didn't look for any signs so I ignored them. We both cc'd. In the WE Fair Museum a cardboard sign fell down and my friend reached out to set it upright. A Fair employee/volunteer reached out too and put his hand on my friend's hip and found his gun. They just grinned at each other and we all just went our separate ways. The packs of teens had not shown up yet when we left at 3 or 4 PM. Good food. Next time I go, I've got to check out the fries over by Gate 3. Check out the winning wines. Looks like the judges had to taste them over and over to decide. Good duty!

(Monroe County)

think we are going tonight. I haven't been there in 2 or 3 years... used to go all the time back when I was in school
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

wow... same shitty rides, 10 times the price? Went today around 5, wasn't packed which was cool but ride tickets are 13 for 15 bucks and every ride is 2 or 3+ tix? wow. stupid expensive.

we dropped 70 bucks in under 2 hours... what a rip off. I can't believe so many people still go?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

For years we went on Sunday. Locals day and it was free. Then they decided to charge ob Sundays so I stopped going. If just one thing would change.....Schoch's same spot, Stoudt's same spot....Ronnie doing tat's same spot.
    The food isn't remotely healthy, it's over priced and add 10 bucks for 2 to get in. I hit cook's corner on 715 and had sirloin tips over pasta with wine sauce, the wife had pork schnitzel, creamed cucumbers, red potatoes and beets and it cost less then a pair of fair cheese-steaks, fries and admission for 2.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    wow... same shitty rides, 10 times the price? Went today around 5, wasn't packed which was cool but ride tickets are 13 for 15 bucks and every ride is 2 or 3+ tix? wow. stupid expensive.

we dropped 70 bucks in under 2 hours... what a rip off. I can't believe so many people still go?
    Yep it's like groundhog day! Everything is in the exact same spot and the only things that change are the prices...up.

In the past few years, I have been appaled by the increase in food prices and most is not worth what they charge.

The vendors blame the high price for their spot and pass it on, which I understand, but they have to realize that it will come to a time when your average family of four or so will not be able to afford to go and spend the day there and attendance will drop big time. Same thing happened to major league baseball.