Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OPEN CARRY

Default Re: OPEN CARRY

I'm starting to use this a lot

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Cumberland County)

haha...feels like it sometimes...that being said I guess its good we are always having new people ask questions about OC. Means more people want to and are learning about it. Hope more and more put it into practice!!! Now if we could just get congress to re-affirm that the 2nd amendment is a RIGHT and that any law which is contrary to that RIGHT is unconstitutional and need not be followed then we would once again be in good shape!!!
    MOLON LABE

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Man View Post
    I don't know why someone that's not LE on duty would want to open carry.I like the fact that no one including the bad guy's know I'm carrying a 5" 1911,if they feel the need to think I'm a good candidate to be there victim they have a 230gr surprise coming there way.
    If it makes your crazy don't respond. But it is his very first post. EDUCATE don't RIDICULE. And if you don't want to. Just let him be. Someone else hopefully will take the time to do so.

It may be beating a dead horse. But it is a chance to change an opinion to one that will benefit us. Lots of others have been drawn back from the darkside. I'm one of those. ( I rather not OC, but I do understand and support those that do. And I have on occasion)

Don't ever tire of defending your position. You guys are good at it. Keep it up. Beat that dead horse. Convert him. But don't b*tch. It pisses the new guys off and you lose them.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Indiana County)

I get the feeling that he's not new to gun forums, or the debate.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    I get the feeling that he's not new to gun forums, or the debate.
    If he isn't new, that will come out. But what if he is. Now you just lost another possible convert. That is all I'm saying.

Remember, just because we are on this sight all the time, and read all the stuff, the new guys haven't. I asked questions that had been asked before when I first joined. I had those that told me to "Go read past post. This has been discussed!" and I pretty much figured what the heck. Thought this was a gun forum and we were suppose to discuss this stuff. But I did have those that took the time, to answer my questions. Even though they had done it a 100 times before. And now I am on post 1000 something, and driving to the court house supporting Greg at his trial, driving 1.5 hours to attend groups shoots, going to Greet and Meet dinners, attending local IDPA shoots. And I do this cause someone took the time to answer my questions. Not tell me that they were tired of beating a dead horse.

You decide which way to handle this. But it should be one of two ways. Totally ignore (not ridicule. Unless he has proven himself an asshole. Then have at him.) Or take the time once again to try to educate them.

(Delaware County)

hey if you guys are talking about me yes i am new i just singed up last night an i am new to gun forums i just found this site last night and if you are talking to me i just want to say thanks Mtbkski

(Indiana County)

No, not you.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by tbonean21 View Post
    hey if you guys are talking about me
    They're talking about "1911 Man" and his first and only (0_o) post on Pg.2.

(Delaware County)

o ok just thought i clear it up

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    If he isn't new, that will come out. But what if he is. Now you just lost another possible convert. That is all I'm saying.

Remember, just because we are on this sight all the time, and read all the stuff, the new guys haven't. I asked questions that had been asked before when I first joined. I had those that told me to "Go read past post. This has been discussed!" and I pretty much figured what the heck. Thought this was a gun forum and we were suppose to discuss this stuff. But I did have those that took the time, to answer my questions. Even though they had done it a 100 times before. And now I am on post 1000 something, and driving to the court house supporting Greg at his trial, driving 1.5 hours to attend groups shoots, going to Greet and Meet dinners, attending local IDPA shoots. And I do this cause someone took the time to answer my questions. Not tell me that they were tired of beating a dead horse.

You decide which way to handle this. But it should be one of two ways. Totally ignore (not ridicule. Unless he has proven himself an asshole. Then have at him.) Or take the time once again to try to educate them.
    To Quote myself. It is directed towards all newbies. And all the old heads.

I had problems when I first started asking questions on this thread. And they were thought of as really "STUPID" questions by some of the Old Heads that were on here at the time. I was just about done with this site, when a couple of other members stuck with me and got me up to speed. Hell, I never knew OC was legal till last Feb. I knew nothing about the gun laws. But I sure as hell do now.

So, even though the new guys may ask questions that we have heard before (over and over and over and....). Try to roll with them. One day, they will be answering these questions for someone else and you won't have to. Or maybe they will be complaining about having to answer the same ole questions over and over and..... You get the idea. Well guys, which course of fire (pun intended ) do we want future members to follow.

You old heads got lots of good info. LOTS. Please, never grow tired of sharing it and getting the Newbies up to speed. That is the one thing we can give back to this site that will mean more than anything else we ever do.

I came to this site thinking I knew a lot about guns. I didn't. Many more will do the same. It is your job ole Jedi Masters to bring them in from the Dark Side and teach them the way of the true gun owner.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast