Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Pearce extension for LCP

I just picked up a set of Pearce extensions for my Ruger LCP and was happy with what I got for under 10 bucks. They sell them two in a pack and they are about double the size of the one that comes from Ruger . What I like best about them is now I actually have some to hold on to when I shoot this little Polly pocket 380 .

Just wanted to pass this along to you ppl with LCP,s If you have larger hands and cant get a good grip with the factory grip extensions try these and they do not print any more than the factory parts , this gun does not print any way

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Pearce extension for LCP

They are great, i am much more accurate with the ext.

Quote Originally Posted by fats429 View Post
    I just picked up a set of Pearce extensions for my Ruger LCP and was happy with what I got for under 10 bucks. They sell them two in a pack and they are about double the size of the one that comes from Ruger . What I like best about them is now I actually have some to hold on to when I shoot this little Polly pocket 380 .

Just wanted to pass this along to you ppl with LCP,s If you have larger hands and cant get a good grip with the factory grip extensions try these and they do not print any more than the factory parts , this gun does not print any way
    If you're interested in a functional LCP +1 magazine extension, let me know, i'll tell you how to make one.

Last edited by Valorius; August 31st, 2011 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    If you're interested in a functional LCP +1 magazine extension, let me know, i'll tell you how to make one.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Well c'mon, out with it then.
    and to the dust you shall return

Buy an Impact Guns +1 mag extension base. It does not come with a spring, and therefore is not of much use by itself.

However, if you buy a Kel Tec P3AT +1 mag kit, it comes with a baseplate (that wont fit your LCP mag), and an extended spring (that will fit your LCP mag).

So, you combine the Impact guns mag extension with the Kel Tec P3AT extended spring, and....

A reliable +1 Ruger mag extension is born.

http://www.impactguns.com/impact-rug...tension-1.aspx
    http://www.amazon.com/Kel-Tec-Extend.../dp/B0002IWDBO

I also used a dremel to round off the back side of the Impact Guns +1 mag base. Not neccesary, but i thought it made it look nicer.

Factory profile:

My modified profile:

I built 2 such mag extensions and carry them both every day. So far i've put probably 200rds through each mag, they work great.

I put another 50+ rds through the two +1 mags today at the range, 28rds each, which consisted of one 7rd mag of Buffalo Barnes 80gr+P SCHP and 3x 7rd magazines of Magtech Guardian 77gr SCHPs.

Both magazines performed flawlessly.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Buy an Impact Guns +1 mag extension base. It does not come with a spring, and therefore is not of much use by itself.
    I hate to break it to you. But a friend of mine I talked into an LCP bought the impact +1 base plate and has 200+ rounds through that mag without a malf.

He gave the spring a little tug shoved it back in the mag and installed the base.

As always, YMMV.

But what you did was not necessary. Does it stand a good chance to improve reliability? Probably. Maybe. IDK.

But I've got +1's and +2's on Glock mags of varying variety. (Including Pearce) and those are all stock springs and I have THOUSANDS of rounds through that gun on those mags without ANY feeding problems.

*shrugs*

Stretching a spring ruins the strength of the spring, and is NO substitute for a properly sized spring.

I used the factory spring with the impact guns bases first, and had a malfunction about once every 20 or so rounds with hollowpoints.

An utterly unacceptable rate for a defensive pistol to me.

Since i've put in the properly sized P3AT spring to go with the Impact guns base, i have had zero malfunctions. So far i've gotten over 300rds through the 2 mags combined.

Why do you think Kel Tec's +1 kit comes with a longer spring if it's not needed? Why do you think that the FN Five Seven i just got comes with longer springs for the +10 mag kit?

Why do you think 10rd 1911 mags come with a longer mag spring than 8rd mags do?

Of course, anyone who wants to simply swap a base, by all means, I won't try to stop you, and YMMV. However, adding the proper length spring when increasing the length of a magazine tube is the proper way to do it.
    Last edited by Valorius; September 1st, 2011 at 12:59 PM.

(Allegheny County)

These are definitely a great addition to the LCP. My buddy had them on his LCP, and I shot it with and without the extensions. They make a huge difference.

(Allegheny County)

I'm not a big guy and don't have large hands.

I got the Impact +1 when I bought my LCP. I did not like it as I could not get three fingers around it. My middle and ring finger fit fine but my little finger would always slide off the bottom and be awkwardly pushed down and apart from the rest of my hand. (think Vulcan salute with just the little finger)

With the factory rugger extension my index and ring finger got a good grip and my little finger did not grip anything but was more comfortably and naturally close to the rest of my hand. (like I was making a fist)

Something to think about if you have smaller hands and the Ruger extension is comfortable for you. I gave up an extra round for more comfort.

I ended up just selling it locally vs sending it back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast