Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Older Browning 22lr?

I have a Buckmark Hunter and a friend of mine gave me some older magazines from his old Browning 22lr. They say "22lr Browning" on the bottom of them. I think his was from before they called them Buckmarks, not sure what they were named. He bought it in the late 80s, early 90s time frame. They don't feed into mine so I'm guessing Browning made a few changes in between models? Just curious if anyone knows about the older Brownings and the differences they may have with the Buckmarks. I'm not sure if I want to find a gun that will use these mags or sell the mags yet.
    Last edited by DaveIam; March 26th, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Older Browning 22lr?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveIam View Post
    I have a Buckmark Hunter and a friend of mine gave me some older magazines from his old Browning 22lr. They say "22lr Browning" on the bottom of them. I think his was from before they called them Buckmarks, not sure what they were named. He bought it in the late 80s, early 90s time frame. They don't feed into mine so I'm guessing Browning made a few changes in between models? Just curious if anyone knows about the older Brownings and the differences they may have with the Buckmarks. I'm not sure if I want to find a gun that will use these mags or sell the mags yet.
    I am looking at them on my phone so I cannot see much detail but they may be for the challenger, nomad, medalist series and are worth serious money. I will look at the picture tonight on my computer.

(Montgomery County)

I'd appreciate any insight on these. Just so that I know what to look for if I decide to buy a gun for them.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Clearfield County)

Now that I can see more detail, I believe they are for the Challenger II, and III. These are different than the medalist and first challenger mags. The Medalist, Nomad and first Challenger were made by FN in Belgium. I don't know the value of your original mags. Here is a link that may provide some more information. Hope this helps.

http://www.ammoclip.com/b/browning_c...ger-ii_iii.htm