Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Mossberg 590A1 sight install

So I got a 500A and I wanted the 590 ghost rings. So a quick search found some a set for a good price. It also told of only 2 methods to attach the front sight. One is to silver solder. Yes it would work but I don't know a smith that could and would be able to do it and it would kill the finish.
    Second- JB Weld or other epoxys. Yes I am not kidding. Easy sure, might fall off at a bad time sure. Too simple for me.
    Why not bolt it?
    2 bolts and a tap from the local non chain hardware store- $6
    Workshop was my buddys kitchen table. Placed the sight and zip tied it in place. Buy good luck the bolts were just the right length.
    It's not my best work but it works. If I did it again I would get it prefect.
    So far they been through 50rds and it's tight.

The rear is simple it bolts into the existing holes.

Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Mossberg 590A1 sight install

That looks great, now if only it were on a, oh I don' know..... Remington 870! Lol just kidding, I wish I had the confidence to install ghost sights on my shotgun, or the money to pay someone to do it.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Mossberg 590A1 sight install

I don't have and don't see why I should pay someone to drill 2 holes and tap them.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff