Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Montco sheriff

(Montgomery County)

Default Montco sheriff

I am having a really hard time getting anyone to answer at the firearms unit. I have moved since my LTCF was issued, will this be a huge promblem?(if it matters, I moved out of state) Does this change any thing about my LTCF? Thanks for the replies.

Default Re: Montco sheriff

More info please.

Are you saying you moved to MONTCO from another state? Changing counties isn't usually a big deal. But if you moved from another state, you don't have a LTCF issued in PA. Now, there could be reciprocity with your former state, but I'm not certain it affords you all the rights that PA issue license does.

Need more info
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Montgomery County)

No, I moved from Montco to out of state. Sorry if I wasn't clear, it was late...

Then I would contact the county that you live now? Contacting MONTCO doesn't really help you, since they will have no clue what the regs are in your state. You need to find out how your new state or county will accept or not accept your LTCF.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

Your PA LTCF is valid until is expires or is revoked ( )

All you should do is notify the issuing sheriff of your new address, wherever that is.

Just send them a letter (with a receipt of delivery so you know they got it )

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Your PA LTCF is valid until is expires or is revoked ( )

All you should do is notify the issuing sheriff of your new address, wherever that is.

Just send them a letter (with a receipt of delivery so you know they got it )
    How do you know it's valid within the state he is now living? Did he move to NY, NJ, CA? Not sure how you can answer without knowing where he now lives. Are you saying it's still valid in MONTCO, even though he lives out of state?

Not being a wise a$$ and I see Indiana in his profile. Maybe there's something I don't know.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks for the replies. I moved from Montco to Indiana. It is not vaild in Indiana for residents, but in other states, as a back up for my current LTC...? It is now just a non- res LTCF now right? I don't lose any rights in PA(when I visit) such as a school zone and such? I have tried calling many many times, I will try the letter tho, thanks for the idea.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1987 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I moved from Montco to Indiana. It is not vaild in Indiana for residents, but in other states, as a back up for my current LTC...? It is now just a non- res LTCF now right? I don't lose any rights in PA(when I visit) such as a school zone and such? I have tried calling many many times, I will try the letter tho, thanks for the idea.
    It's treated exactly the same in PA...resident, non...doesn't matter...you don't lose anything in PA. Just keep in mind it is no longer good in CO, FL, ME, MI, and NH