Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Ridge and Valley Rod and Gun Club might start banning accessories! {FINAL VERDICT}

Howdy,

Just wanted to let any R&V members here who may have an SSAR-15 Slide Fire Stock for your AR know - Ridge and Valley Rod and Gun Club might start banning these ATF Approved AR-15 stocks from their ranges. I may be the first one to have brought one, and now the board is having a special board member-only meeting about it this wendesday. I'll post here what happens. =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSThYqZWFKc

You will notice - very controllable.

Final verdict: BANNED.

EDIT: Starting today, 10/16, there is a new Facebook Page, "Ridge and Valley Gun Club Semi-Auto Shooters". Feel free to like it, spread it, and join it.

We are a group of active members at the Ridge and Valley Rod & Gun Club in Coopersburg, PA interested in the preservation of our club and its future for semi-automatic shooters. This is an open forum for sharing ideas.

This is NOT a sanctioned page by any club official. We are a group of Independence gun owners. Anyone can post and share information about our club, our rules, our upcoming elections, and our future.

http://www.facebook.com/rvgcsemishooters
    Last edited by FireGS; October 16th, 2011 at 05:50 PM.
    Join the CHAT! Http://www.pa-zrt.com

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ridge and Valley Rod and Gun Club might start banning accessories! [Video]

why would they banned them?

Default Re: Ridge and Valley Rod and Gun Club might start banning accessories! [Video]

Quote Originally Posted by FireGS View Post
    Howdy,

Just wanted to let any R&V members here who may have an SSAR-15 Slide Fire Stock for your AR know - Ridge and Valley Rod and Gun Club might start banning these ATF Approved AR-15 stocks from their ranges. I may be the first one to have brought one, and now the board is having a special board member-only meeting about it this wendesday. I'll post here what happens. =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSThYqZWFKc

You will notice - very controllable.
    I wondered if and when this might come up, I'll be waiting on the outcome, I'd thought it might be kinda fun to get one of those and I know Paletown would shit if someone used one there so R&V would've been the go to range.

Quote Originally Posted by swood0580 View Post
    My two guesses are them not wanting the back stops getting torn up faster, secondly possible concerns of someone carelessly spraying and not bothering with the praying.

What concerns have you heard voiced Sam?
    Last edited by Chip W; August 29th, 2011 at 11:00 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Unhappy Re: Ridge and Valley Rod and Gun Club might start banning accessories! [Video]

Quote Originally Posted by swood0580 View Post
    They're afraid of yahoo's coming down to the ranges with them and shooting over the backstops into other property. One of the range officers stopped me with it, and took the matter up with the Owner, I believe. I gave him a copy of the ATF approval letters. And agin, as my video showed, its very controllable.

I really wish they would reconsider their policy on FA... I'd seriously hate to leave because I can't shoot my only (remaining) rifle there now... :-\

(Lycoming County)

Neat. A friend had one on an AK variant. It did not work as good as you had it going, but it was the first time he used it.
    Anyway, if the range has a policy against FA, I could see why this stock bothers them. Pretty close to FA.

Be safe (and do the whole village!).

Scott

(Bucks County)

It's not the stock, it's the rate of fire. There is no full auto and to most that would sound/look like full auto.

An AR at the 25yd line?
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Lehigh County)

Thumbs down Re: Ridge and Valley Rod and Gun Club might start banning accessories! [Video]

Quote Originally Posted by bnkrtstk View Post
    An AR at the 25yd line?
    Yes, the 25 yard, because as I just got this stock, I'm not comfortable accurately shooting with it beyond 50 yards due to possible over-the-backstop shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    Anyway, if the range has a policy against FA, I could see why this stock bothers them. Pretty close to FA.
    Where do we draw the line, however? One could simply pull the trigger VERY fast, as the stock aids one to do, yet this obviously would not be banned, but because a device aids one to do so accurately - now its a problem?

Its a shame - if they do indeed ban it, I'll have to give up on Ridge and Valley. I've been a member there my entire shooting life (from age 10 or so), and it really IS a fantastic place to shoot - however, I have no faith in the current board or president. Its been almost three years since the club received $182,000 to renovate the ranges, adding in new ranges, getting rid of the cop-only days, etc, and where are we at? Ground has not been broken except for getting money out of a drilling company and allowing them to drill on club land. They are just sitting on this township-funded project. I'm SURE they've already spent money from that sum on things that are NOT for the renovations.

I'm down to one rifle - my AR, which is outfitted with this stock. If they ban the stock, they ban my gun and in other words, me. I simply won't go there anymore.
    Last edited by FireGS; August 30th, 2011 at 02:25 PM.

(Bucks County)

You have to respect the property rights of the range. If they don't want it on their property, then do them a favor and don't argue with them. Vote with your wallet and take your business elsewhere.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip W View Post
    What concerns have you heard voiced Sam?
    The day I made that video (Saturday, yes, during a Hurricane), one of the Range officers as well as a neighbor came down to see what all the hub-bub was about. I gladly showed them my rifle, how it worked, the legalities of the stock and rifle, as well as showed them the ATF Approval letters, and offered to let them shoot it. Both declined, but watched as I shot it.

The one neighbor in question is the closest neighbor to the range and is also the neighbor the range tries to keep pleased the most. He told the range officer in my presence that if the range allows this stock, they SHOULD allow Full Auto. He did not seem mad, or angry, or irritated in the least. The range officer has my information and will be calling me immediately following the ruling on Wednesday night. Meanwhile, I'm going there tonight after work to shoot it while I still can. I'm sure to turn some heads.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    You have to respect the property rights of the range. If they don't want it on their property, then do them a favor and don't argue with them. Vote with your wallet and take your business elsewhere.
    I think I've shown that I have fully complied with their wishes and their property rights as well as being very kind and courteous, and shown proper range etiquette.

As of this moment, there is no ruling either way, and is still legal to shoot there - and I plan to until a ruling is made.

If I don't make any noise about this, no one would know and whatever "voting with my wallet" I may do otherwise would fall on deaf ears. As it stands right now, I am a paying member of a club - the board works for me and the rest of the members. I don't think I need to do the board any favors (which clearly has shown that it's policies are in the clubs best interests and not their members as I outline above).
    Last edited by FireGS; August 30th, 2011 at 02:24 PM.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast