Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default New(ish) to Forum, New(ish) to area.

Been lurking around here for a while. Purchased a shotgun barrel from a forum member last year.

Also relatively new to the area. Studying law at Penn State. Starting my 3rd year.

I come from a family/community of waterfowlers off the NC coast, but I'm looking to get into deer hunting in PA. Anyone care to offer any insight and/or tips for hunting public game lands or state parks in and around Centre County? WWIII and a sea of orange on opening day?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: New(ish) to Forum, New(ish) to area.

I've never hunted deer on game lands, but I drove through #176 last season and yes, there were a hell of a lot of hunters out there, as I expected to see. If you find a spot out there that you like, better get there incredibly early.

Also, while I've never hunted deer on state lands, I do hunt very crowded private property. Hunting deer in rifle season in PA means thinking less about natural habits of deer and more of their reaction to the sea of hunters. That's my opinion anyway. Consider that when picking a spot.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: New(ish) to Forum, New(ish) to area.

Newish. Is that like Druish? (Princess Vespa)

Or Amish?

You Middle Eastern Anabaptists are so hard to tell apart.

Welcome aboard - you've found a great home. Couldn't tell you squat about duckhunting, but see my friend - Rev. Spang there at Good Shepherd Lutheran - he'll know some hunters, I'm certain!

Been in Pittsburgh 9 years myself - and I'm from Salisbury/Rowan Co. Can't find any decent pork BBQ, but local stores are starting to carry Sundrop, and you CAN find Cheerwine in glass bottles in certain locations here in the 'Burgh. If you start getting the DTs from withdrawal, head this way - we'll go hunt some down.

(Centre County)

Default Re: New(ish) to Forum, New(ish) to area.

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    you CAN find Cheerwine in glass bottles in certain locations here in the 'Burgh. If you start getting the DTs from withdrawal, head this way - we'll go hunt some down.
    NOW you're speaking my language!