Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Exclamation Glock 17 CC Question

Need some advice from 17 owners. I recently put a used 17 gen 3 on layaway. Gun and 4 17 round mags for $400.00. Anyway, can a 17 be concealed in fall and winter months? I realize that during spring and summer it would be difficult but have a smaller ccw for those months. Please help me out with how you conceal it and if it is comfortable iwb or owb. Thanks for your help in advance!

Default Re: Glock 17 CC Question

Yes,

But not very easily, It depends on your size, build, carry style etc....a G17 is a Full size gun and even Wider than a Full Size 1911 as I'm sure you are well aware of, But with that said they're are those that do carry them and I'm sure a few on here that may even chime in.

I myself usually carry a Ruger LC9 -- Still 9mm just 10 less rounds than the Glock, Which a Spare Magazine helps a bit, But a hellva lot easier to Conceal and Carry for long periods of time.

Good Luck
    TJB

BTW: That's a Good Deal you got.
    Recoil Happens

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by TJB63 View Post
    Yes,

But not very easily, It depends on your size, build, carry style etc....a G17 is a Full size gun and even Wider than a Full Size 1911 as I'm sure you are well aware of, But with that said they're are those that do carry them and I'm sure a few on here that may even chime in.

I myself usually carry a Ruger LC9 -- Still 9mm just 10 less rounds than the Glock, Which a Spare Magazine helps a bit, But a hellva lot easier to Conceal and Carry for long periods of time.

Good Luck
    TJB

BTW: That's a Good Deal you got.
    Thanks...BTW I'm 6' 215 pounds

(Allegheny County)

I carry a Glock 22 (same size) most all year. Pending body style and the right holster, you should have no problems. In the summer I carry it IWB in a Blade-Tech kydex holster, or some form of leather IWB rig, comfort depending. Otherwise I use a Galco Combat Master OWB holster. Usually just covered with a t-shirt in the summer. Conceals just fine unless I bend over at some odd angle, then the butt of the fullsize Glock prints a bit.
    I'm a big guy though, so your mileage may vary. I carry about 18hrs a day, and have been debating on adding an LC9 to my lineup for those days I just don't feel like carrying a fullsize sidearm.

(Bucks County)

I'd carry a G17 if I could pull it off. The grip is a little on the big side, for me. The trick will be hiding the long grip. Finding a holster with a little more than average rake, and finding the sweet spot on your body will be the trick.

It should be noted I'm pretty anal about printing. Otherwise, it likely wouldn't be as difficult as I make it.

(Centre County)

I can wear a G17 in a OWB holster in daily life with a winter jacket or long fleece covering and just have to watch how I move (if concealment is a high priority). I'm outside most of the time and leave the fleece or jacket on. I'd think a good IWB would be the way to go if concealment is paramount.

Also, I seem to be caring less if most people see a peek my gun here of late, so, grain of salt.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Jefferson County)

I'm 5'-9"/5'-10" at 170lbs.. I can conceal a 10.5" Virginian Dragoon in an Uncle Mikes shoulder holster with an "over shirt" in mid summer. ...a relatively "small" Glock 17 can easily be concealed any time of the year.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Glock Sport Shooting Foundation member's pricing for a brand new G17 (Gen 3 or 4) is $425 (with 3 mags). Too bad they have tightened up on the program so you can't buy right away. It's worth considering joining now so you can purchase under the program later on.

(Monroe County)

I CC a full size glock 22 with no issues. I'm 5'11" and approximately 240lbs. I use an IWB holster, a Galco King Tuk. Once the weather cools down I'm going to get a OWB holster, because OWB offers greater comfort (though the king tuk is so comfortable I rarely even notice the gun is there), and easier access. That way with a hoodie/light jacket/winter jacket the gun will again be easily concealed and easier to access while OWB, as opposed to going through multiple layers and drawing out of an IWB.

A good holster and gun belt makes a huge difference. I know quite a few people who simply couldnt conceal well at all, until they bought a quality holster and gun belt that kept the gun tight to the body at all times, and with a proper cant that worked with their wardrobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Montgomery County)

I have no problem CC'ing my Glock 19. Im about 5"6 about 150lbs. I dont wear especially baggy clothes either. Just look for the right holster for the job. I can wear T-Shirts and shorts without any issue, though I generally opt to OC anyway.

I use a DeSantes Pro-Stealth for CC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast