Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Corbett declares state of emergency

Does this mean all OC'ers without an LTCF cannot open carry?

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/weath...Warning_082611

Philly Transit To Shut Down Early Sunday
    Gov. Corbett Declaring State Of Emergency

PHILADELPHIA - Concern about the expected high winds, heavy rain and likely flooding from Hurricane Irene led to a declaration of emergency by the governor of Pennsylvania and the decision to cease operations early Sunday at SEPTA, the mass transit provider for Philadelphia and four counties.

Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter said Friday that the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, which carried 334 million passengers from June 2010 to June 2011, will cease all operations at 12:30 a.m. on Sunday.

The agency offers bus, trolley, rail and regional rail services in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties.

The move came after Gov. Tom Corbett -- looking to the inclement weather expected this weekend -- declared a state of emergency and urged people to be ready and prepared for the inclement weather.

Earlier: Gov. Tom Corbett Calls "Good Day"

"We are urging all Pennsylvanians to take action now to be prepared," Corbett said after issuing the announcement. "We will continue to monitor this changing situation statewide and plan for all possible emergencies. Should the need arise, we will be able to help as quickly and efficiently as possible."

By issuing the declaration ahead of the arrival of the hurricane -- its affects are likely to start being felt Saturday -- state agencies can now use all their available resources and personnel to respond to and deal with the emergency situation. Irene is steadily heading up the east coast and the inclement weather it is bringing is expected to affect the eastern half of the state.

Corbett issued the disaster proclamation Friday after meeting with Glenn Cannon, director of the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency, and other emergency officials at their headquarters in Harrisburg.

The National Weather Service issued a hurricane warning for Philadelphia and neighboring Delaware County, a day before Irene is expected to douse the area with a half-foot of rain or more.

With Irene still churning hundreds of miles away in the Atlantic Ocean, workers at the Manayunk Brewery in Philadelphia gathered sand bags to prepare for flooding that appears inevitable on the banks of the Schuylkill River.

"I hate to say we're used to it, but we know how to deal with it, put it that way," brewery owner Mike Rose told a local TV station.

A sign on the brewery's wall marks the high water line from flooding caused by Hurricane Floyd in September 1999.

In Ridley, Delaware County, the municipal marina began notifying boat owners they need to get their crafts off the Darby Creek.

"If we have to take some out ourselves, we will," marina manager Roy Greto told the Delaware County Daily Times.

Greto was more worried about wind than flooding.

"If a docking line breaks loose, it could cause a lot of damage to the boats banging up against the dock as well as damage to the dock itself," he said.

Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter isn't ordering evacuations, but told residents on Thursday to prepare for the possibility they'll be asked to leave their homes.

"If an evacuation order is given, please adhere to it," he said.

The month of August is already the wettest on record, with more than 13 1/2 inches of precipitation. The previous record was held by September 1999, largely thanks to

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Corbett declares state of emergency

im no expert but im pretty sure thats what that means . only a ltcf hold can carry during an SOE

Damn it. Hopefully people have prepped.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by VeritasAequitas View Post
    Damn it. Hopefully people have prepped.
    I think a good many of us on the forum here are prepped. Unfortunately there's one thing I don't think many of us have really thought about as being a threat.

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    Does this mean all OC'ers without an LTCF cannot open carry?

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/weath...Warning_082611
    That is correct.

In the areas where that SoE is in effect you will need a LTCF to carry openly or concealed, not only hand guns but also long guns.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter isn't ordering evacuations, but told residents on Thursday to prepare for the possibility they'll be asked to leave their homes.

Can they really make someone leave their own home? I know they will most likely tell you yes, but we all know about what the .gov tells us. But is there a law that says we would have to leave?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinPhilly View Post

Can they really make someone leave their own home? I know they will most likely tell you yes, but we all know about what the .gov tells us. But is there a law that says we would have to leave?
    The answer to that question is no. No, they cannot.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    The answer to that question is no. No, they cannot.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct. Even in coastal regions that get hit hard they legally can not make you leave your home. From my understanding they ask you to leave, you say no, they say ok well it's your problem now.

(Erie County)

As with Katrina, there are those in Philly, who don't have the means to evacuate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Dauphin County)

Woah, I'm having a bit of a flashback here...
    all of these people, supporting Corbett for governor, because he's been such a 2A and Art. I, sec. 21 supporter...

Well he just effectively banned guns. (He certainly could have press-released that 6107 was unconstitutional if that was not his intent.) Please balance your sheets accordingly.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast